32. Pinned Down

The truth was, Harry had heard them talking.  Call it eavesdropping, call it sly or call it naughty, he didn't care.  He was just glad that he had.  He had woken up just after Draco had walked into the room, but had lay still, to try and remember what had happened to him.  He had climbed into bed after his shower, and then couldn't get up the next morning.  His phone was in the kitchen and he didn't have the strength to leave the bed to let them know that he wasn't feeling well, so he had gone back to sleep. 

Only to wake up moments later in the midst of a fever.  He was in and out of consciousness the whole day, hearing people talking, but not knowing what they were saying.  Memories of the previous night flashed before his eyes, being shouted at by Draco, being slapped by Draco, and he remembered the shame he had felt.  He remembered the rain, and the loud music.  Then blackness surrounded him again, and he had no recollection of anything else.  

Like how he now had boxers on, or the fact that his bedsheets had been changed.  He had been stirring in his sleep, and then he heard Pansy and Draco talking.  About a man called Theo.  The one who had tried to hurt Draco.  Apparently he was an ex boyfriend of his boss, and as Harry tried to even his breathing and listen to every word, he was becoming more and more angry with each word that was being said.

But his anger had calmed somewhat knowing that Draco had never given in to having sex with the prick.  For that he was glad, because the thought of anyone touching Draco made him want to rip their eyes out of their sockets.  His hand that he had hurt and bandaged from smashing his bathroom mirror had healed up nicely, thank God.  Otherwise there would probably be questions about that.  He hoped that no one had seen his scars, he wouldn't be able to bear it if they had.

He heard Pansy leave, and then Draco speaking, telling him to wake up, that he had a lot to tell him.  Then when he felt a squeeze, he copied the motion and squeezed Draco's hand back.  He turned his head slowly towards Draco, and opened his eyes.  Draco was looking at their hands, and had seen the movement out of the corner of his eye.  He raised his own eyes slowly, and inhaled a sharp breath.

Looking into Harry Potter's striking eyes was going to be the death of him surely.  They were just so bloody perfect.  He licked his lips and smiled, waiting for Pott - Harry - to say something.  But those green eyes looked so soft and vulnerable, and they just kept watching every move that Draco was making.  It was Harry who spoke first, his voice croaky and deep from misuse.

"Draco", he said.  This alone caused Draco to open his lips and look at him with longing eyes, and he held his ground, waiting for him to continue.  Harry wanted to ask what had happened to him, but that wasn't important right now.  He wanted Draco to talk from the heart, and he felt that now was the right time for him to do that.  "You said you have a lot to tell me", he said with a raised brow.

"Eavesdropping, were you Potter!", he snapped, and this time Harry smiled.  Knowing that Draco would use his so called aggressiveness as a defense mechanism, and that he didn't really mean anything ugly by it.  Draco saw the smile, and smiled back.  He relented and covered the hand he was holding, with his other one.  "Yeah.  I have a lot to say, but first I want to know if you feel strong enough to have a shower", he said, making Harry smile again.

The big man licked his bottom lip and said yes.  He slowly rose up, took a clean pair of boxers from his chest of drawers, and made his way to the bathroom.  A solid half hour later, he emerged smelling like a dream, and looking like a god.  Draco was almost drooling at the sight of him.  While he had been in the shower, Draco had asked Toni to change the bedsheets again, and when she was done, had left again.

Harry was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest, and just looked at Draco.  "Well", he said startling the man who had seemed deep in thought.  "I'm ready to listen", he said.  Draco turned around and saw his stance, wishing to all the gods that Harry would put on some clothes already.  But he wasn't going to demand it from him, Harry was very pleasing on the eye.