(5)

[Declan's POV]

I stare into those horrid red eyes that didn't seem human in any way. My eyes and brain couldn't comprehend the sight in front of me.

This can't be...how can...what?

It took me a couple seconds but I confirmed the recognition of the man in front of me from the time when I saw his picture back at the station. The young man who went missing a decade ago along with his friend- who was never found again, unlike his friend.

I can't be mistaken. It's the same person. But..those eyes and that body language. What is that?

Suddenly I heard a snarl. I had no doubt it came from the man in front of me and a shiver ran down my spine.

The man was snarling at me in clear anger like a wild animal who's hackles are raised ready to attack anyone who interrupts his precious dinner. He was pissed.

My eyes met Josh's. He was in clear pain and I knew he will pass out anytime now, the way he tried to focus his hooded eyes on me. I saw blood dripping down his neck wound reddening his shirt.

I steadied the gun on my hand and pointed towards the man ready to shoot him if necessary. "Let him go Daniel", I order sternly.

His snarling ceased immediately and a look of surprise crossed his face. His red eyes freakishly turned into normal human colour which almost made me flinch. Then he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand causing it to get smeared with blood.. Josh's blood. The realisation made me sick to my stomach, but I tried ignoring it.

"Let him go", I said seriously once again.

Daniel frowned, his eyes narrowing down at me. His head tilted a bit as if curious. Still not letting go of my partner after me ordering twice which was testing my patience since Josh was not in a great condition.

"I'm warning you Daniel. Let him go and we can talk it out in a more..civilized manner" I said slowly taking a step forward.

That put him on guard instantly and his lips curled into a threatening snarl, eyes red and his hold on my friend tightened making him whimper loudly in fear.

"No! No! Please stop!", I said instantly as my heart dropped hearing my friend like that.

My nerves were all over the place. I had to call backup, but it can't be that easy when Daniel's eyes won't leave me. It's almost as if his freakishly scary eyes are following my every move. Even my breathing.

Daniel then smirked as his eyes moved down my body in a slow pace and came back up to fixate on my neck. It wouldn't take a genius to decipher his intentions. I didn't want to dwell on what can be cooking in his mind. I still kept my gun pointed at him not showing any weakness on my face.

Then he brought my friend closer to himself, infact pulled him up in front of him facing me and wholly covering his own body. He made Josh his own personal shield and without breaking eye contact with me he leans forward towards Josh's neck with an evil smile plastered on his face.

I swear to god I saw teeth. Huge spike like teeth coming out of his mouth from either ends. It was a dark night, but I saw it. Yes I did. I'm positive.

He was intending to bite Josh and my finger was ready to pull the trigger. "No!", I yelled as he was going to sink his teeth into his neck again to make me witness it myself.

When he didn't act like he heard me I fired my gun, but not at him, instead towards the sky again as it's impossible for me to shoot him and not hurt my friend due to the shield stance.

The gunshot made him and Josh flinch, but luckily Daniel paused his actions and looked up at me with pure anger. I looked at Josh who was breathing heavily and going pale by every second, his eyes closing and opening as if he was finding it difficult to stay conscious.