(14)

Just when you think you have a grip on your life something so out-of-world happens that you are bound to believe you've lost control of the grip. It sucks when that happens.

Declan surely seems to be slowly losing the grip he so desperately wants to hold on to since he's arrived in this mysterious world. He was someone who always had control of his life. More importantly he was aware of what's going on with him.

Now everything's so unclear that he may just start to lose his mind sooner or later.

One can, with a little difficult, come in terms of a world residing inside another world. One can also understand that there are advance creatures not just existing but inhabiting this world.

But how the hell can someone fathom hearing a voice so real in their mind that it becomes absolutely certain that they weren't dreaming in an unconscious state? No theory or explanation can justify that experience so out-of-world that one eventually tends to believe he's losing his grip.

Declan hasn't been able to think about anything else. No matter how much he tries he just can't get that voice out of his head. It's almost as if it's marked inside his brain forever.

"Why the hell did I leave my home in a perfect little town?", He groans to himself.

The continued weakness and the undying thirst were still his personal torture. But now there was also something else that got added to the list of things he was forced to think about.

Another weird attribute is that he believes that the voice was pure and not creepy as any sane person would think. Somehow he just trusted that person, the man he couldn't even see infact. His insides were calm. It was one of those unexplainable occasions.

"There is something bigger and more significant waiting for you", Declan repeated lowly. "What does that even mean?"

Like most humans even Declan never remembered his dreams since he was a child. Atleast not entirely. But this particular occurrence was so crystal clear in his mind that he even remembered the words the said light or person recited to him.

Should he discuss this with Elder Micah? Would he even believe him? Or just blame it as a result of Declan's unstable state.

Declan exhales heavily feeling more burdened.

Until now he wasn't sure if he should accept his present situation and just consume some blood to end his torture. But now...he hates to admit it but he suddenly is motivated to do so. An unknown persuasion from within himself is directing him to.

Declan exhaustingly looks around his room and spots Tucker who was resting on his now favourite bed. His already tiny figure looking even smaller on the average fluffy bed.

If you think about it there are more reasons to do it rather than not doing it. Declan didn't want to abandon Tucker by dying as well.

"Screw it. Let's just do this", Declan muttered, standing up abruptly.

A sudden wave of nausea in the form of head rush hit him with force entirely due to the lack of blood in his system but he managed to get a hold on himself.

With the new found determination he started moving towards the door of his room. He was met with two huge buff guards positioned outside once he opened the door. They turn their heads to look at him and immediately get into a defensive stance as if expecting an attack.

Declan resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Where's Elder Micah?"

They didn't reply, just stared sharply at him.

"Look I don't own much energy to talk let alone repeat myself at the moment. So please for god sake don't make this harder", Declan whispered leaning on the door frame for support.