(6)

"Alright. Calm down guys", Raven frowned sending both men a look.

When she saw them not continue being unnecessarily rude to each other she headed inside the room Josh was in while muttering to herself something about men and their ego.

Trent and Declan were involved in a glaring contest next. They only broke eye contact when Chester put a hand on his alpha's shoulder gaining his attention. The two communicate with their eyes which ends with Trent walking away, rolling his eyes, not sparing the human any glance.

Chester approaches Declan with a small smile.

"You better have a good reason for why I have to tolerate this man's attitude", Declan spoke without hesitation.

"First of all, don't talk about him like that he's my alpha. Next, excuse his behaviour, he's not too fond of humans", Chester explained.

Declan was curious about these titles. Clearly Raven and Chester respected the guy even though he seems like a jerk.

"You like him?"

"I do."

Declan couldn't comprehend how that works, but maybe Trent is just like that to humans and not to his own people. Still doesn't excuse his condescending attitude.

They both headed to the same room the other two disappeared off to. Declan took back his seat next to Josh looking at his friend wondering when he'll be up.

Trent and his betas remain standing away from the two humans deep in discussion.

"How did the conscious one handle previous night's events?", Trent questioned glancing once at Declan.

"Traumatised, but fine. Though I will say he is a very strong cop. The guy didn't flinch or run away after seeing that vampire in front of him feeding on his friend", Raven comments.

Trent shakes his head in disbelief. "I still can't believe you told him about vampires and werewolves."

Raven and Chester share a sheepishly look.

"At first we didn't. Declan really demanded answers from us about what he had seen with his own eyes. We tried to play it cool like how our usual protocol is but he'd seen too much to believe otherwise. So we had to tell him", Chester admitted.

"You realise the elders won't be too happy to hear this?", Trent reminded.

An absolute law of the Mystic World is broken when a human is exposed to their world or it's beings. No mystic creature is permitted to reveal their hidden world to anyone..which is just humans really.

Violation of these laws are met with strict punishments.

"Do they have to know?", Chester muttered quietly.

Trent gave him a stern look causing him to quickly continue with an explanation.

"I mean we will alter their memories anyway right? What's the point of informing them of an offense that is already taken care off?", Chester nervously chuckled.

"As much as I am tempted to take that offer I can't", Trent said with a thin lipped smile. "As a council member it's my duty to give them a full detailed report of the events that take place during all of our missions."

Chester sighs defeatedly. He was fully aware of the trouble he'll get in trouble with the elders.

"You don't have to necessarily inform them about Chester showing his wolf to Declan. One tiny detail is unnecessary to be disclosed", Raven shrugs.

Trent sent her an 'are you serious' look.

"Oh come on Trent. Don't act like you tell everything to the elders. I'm aware of some details you've conveniently hidden from them from our last mission, which you know if disclosed, will land you into a big lecture from your father", Raven rolled her eyes.