(30)

Unedited
Comment and vote!

A couple hours after Trent and Elder Elias had left Declan's temporary living accommodation, Chester had arrived to offer Declan to tour him around the pack lands incase he's bored.

Since Declan hadn't ever seen a werewolf pack before, let alone how it works he almost immediately agreed. He was curious and intrigued all the way ge followed Chester listening to him explain everything about their pack and how they all live together as a family.

Wow. Declan thought.

Atleast on the course of solving this case Declan was glad he'll get to visit and explore different places of the Mystic World. First, was the mystic city. Then, a dragon lair in northern mountains. Now, the Moon city; werewolf pack. Next he'll get a chance to visit the witches as per plan, so that will be something too.

While Chester was enthusiastically showing him around they reached a clearing where Declan spotted a large group of pack members doing some serious training under the watchful gaze of their beta Raven.

Chester explained that particular training session was designed for the warriors of the pack. The higher ranks of the pack which are entrusted with the duty to protect the pack when in need. For Declan, it was fascinating to see the rigorous training each and every one was going through.

As he watched them with interest he happened to catch a familiar face in the crowd. The pack member he encountered last night. The little girl, Lily's father. Makes sense. Dude was packed, obviously he's a warrior.

But guess it wasn't the best idea to stay there and watch them because soon enough Declan's vampire scent got stronger into the air and even though the trainees were at a distance they caught the stench smell quick due to their heightened sense of smell.

Few of them couldn't help but growl unhappily pausing their training and looking around the place until they found Declan. The sudden change of mood was noticed by Raven too as she herself followed the direction of their displeased gaze to find Declan and Chester.

"Let's move on", Declan sighs, knowing it's best if he leaves.

Chester nods apologetically and gestures him to another direction continuing their exploration. As they both stepped away to leave, Declan's ears caught a few growls, and snide comments coming from the direction of those warriors.

Leech

Blood sucker

Abomination.

Okay that's it. Declan decided enough if enough. He's been trying to be considerate and sensitive towards these people since yesterday giving them the pass for their rude and unacceptable behaviour because they had a reason to hate his own kind of people. But this has gone to far.

Declan turned to glare at the crowd first before stomping over to them. Chester tried to stop him, but then gave up after one try understanding the man's reaction and just following him there. He shared a look with Raven wherein they both were prepared to intervene if the situation got bad.

"Any problem?", Declan glared.

A few scoffs followed his question. "Go away vampire", One of them spoke up.

"Why? Clearly you have a lot to say behind my back. Too cowardly to face me head on?", Declan raised an eyebrow testily.

Growls filled the air.

"You dare— "

"Yes I dare", Declan snapped. "You wanna call me names? Why do it behind my back? Afraid of getting into trouble?"