(36)

Vote and comment!

Since he was really left with no choice Declan agreed to not visit Callisto that day as the sun would set in a couple hours anyway. Though he was stubbornly fixated on going back the first thing the next morning to have a conversation with the woman.

Josh, feeling helpless, literally contemplated signalling the elders about this situation. His mind was trying to come up with crazy ideas that could prevent Declan from going. He knew fully well that if he interferes into Declan's plan by going behind his back the guy's going to be super mad at him. But he was willing to take that risk than sit by and watch Declan put his life in danger.

Maybe if he contacted the elders using Alana's help he can tell them that Declan's trying to do something patently stupid and that they should stop him.

But then again...would Declan listen to anyone now that he knows the mighty phoenix wants him to do this?

Reluctantly Josh gave up on planning secretly behind Declan's back to sabotage his meeting idea. Never did he think that one day he'd end up trying to stop Declan from doing something stupid. It's usually the other way around.

So, as decided, Declan was off to meet the woman. And just like the previous time Alana, along with Josh this time, waited impatiently outside the gates just prepared to bust through if Declan didn't return within an hour.

Even though he was doing this against his better judgement, Declan didn't go empty handed. He had a gun filled with bullets in his possession. Normal one, enough to kill a human, since it worked effectively on witches.

Surprisingly enough he was expecting the crow from yesterday to appear once again to guide him to Callisto. He had a feeling Callisto could always just know when someone entered these borders. He was not going to underestimate her powers.

"Ah. Can't say I wasn't expecting you."

Declan stood right in front of the same house he saw yesterday. Just like he did yesterday. Only this time Callisto was actually seated on the patio furniture built against the house. She was probably enjoying her morning tea seeing as there was an  empty cup on the table.

Unlike yesterday Declan took his time to analyse Callisto. For the fact that he knew she was old did he notice slight signs of ageing on her face, but don't be mistaken she didn't appear older than forty. He immediately connected this detail to elders. She, like them, appears much younger than their actual age.

But it wasn't just her age that he was noticing. Her hands...like he saw yesterday. They just stood out as her most bizarre features. It was difficult for his eyes to not look at them. He wondered if they blackened because of her constant use of dark magic.

How her body is coexisting with the poison within her is unexplainable.

"How's your friend? Survived by any chance?", Callisto raised an eyebrow, not looking like she really cared.

"He did", Declan replied.

"Hmm. Not sure why a human's here anyway", Callisto shrugged. "Isn't there a law against humans having any sort of knowledge about us, let alone one entering our world?", She asked curiously, as if reminding him that.

Declan remained silent this time which made her smile creepily at him as if she knew something he didn't.

"I'm guessing that boy is important to you. You haven't killed him yet", Callisto voiced her observation. "Or even fed off him. Hmm. Interesting. A vampire and a human are friends."

Not many would have noticed or pointed that out about them so easily. It was true though. To an outsider who didn't really know Declan and Josh's history would find them hanging out together unnatural.