(15)

Vote and comment!

-Previously-

"Yes. I've been meaning to bring this concern up, but I needed to be absolutely certain myself. This couldn't wait until tomorrow since I cannot spend another night keeping this serious discovery from you all", Sabrina admitted.

"What is it?", Rufus asked curiously.

Sabrina paused before staring straight at Micah with an indescribable expression. "It's about Declan."

-Now-

"What about him?", Micah questioned.

Sabrina at first hesitated as if wondering how to move ahead with what she had to say. "There is no easy way to convey this, so forgive me if I unintentionally hurt you. But it is necessary for you to know."

"What is it Sabrina? I have never known you to beat around the bush", Micah frowned.

Sabrina glanced nervously at the other elders who themselves seemed confused at her sudden change in  behaviour because this was so unlike her. After taking a deep breath she says.

"Micah, the boy you've been tutoring for almost two weeks now is....is your son", Sabrina revealed, breathing out.

After a pause. "Excuse me?", Micah was perplexed.

Rufus and Elias stared at Sabrina with bafflement. That was definitely not what each of them were expecting. It caught them off guard very easily.

"I understand this may sound absurd and implausible-

Micah cut her off. "It's sounds absolutely barbaric. Your statement lacks basic sense."

Sabrina knew very well she would face this response and that caused her to sigh deeply. She didn't mean to annoy or disturb him this way, but there was no gentle way to say this.

"How can you say that Sabrina? Out of all the unexplainable things you do this is the most unrealistic claim ever. You go too far", Rufus frowned.

"I concur this is a bold statement. But surely you know me enough to believe I wouldn't just say this out of nowhere", Sabrina defended.

Elias shook his head in disbelief. "Last I remember vampires cannot reproduce. They are dead creatures Sabrina. Turned, not born."

"I very well remember that", Sabrina sighs.

"Then you should know such ideas and statements are ludicrous", Micah said mindlessly.

"He is your son Micah. Your blood, however hard it is to grasp that, I am not wrong about this", Sabrina stated seriously.

Micah was past the stage of annoyance now. He was furious. "You should know better than to come up with such nonsense. Witches can be uncanny, but this is downright pretentious of you."

Elias and Rufus could totally understand the anger that had erupted within Micah. They were fully aware of the cause behind it and for that reason they didn't stop him from being nasty towards Sabrina.

"I am not trying to hurt you Micah. I am fully aware this is a very sensitive topic for you. I also comprehend how my words sound to you, but please believe me", Sabrina said calmly.

It was indeed a sensitive topic for Micah. Since he doesn't hold the capacity to have children or build a family of his own he always detested such conversations revolving around family.

He was a family man back when he was still human. A man who'd always dreamed of having a small family which included his wife and children. Vampirism had taken away the chance to make that dream come true.