(33)

Vote and comment!

As they continue upon the next location of their journey, Declan, and his partner Josh, decide to catch a quick coffee break first which leads them to a small cafe in the outskirts of the city of witches.

The Enchanted City.

Their tired legs carried them to the last booth of the cafe which they purposefully chose to ensure some privacy.

Josh's eyes were set on his friend sitting on the opposite seat to him. "What's got you all moody?"

Since they left the capital city this morning, Josh had been paying close attention to Declan and his behaviour. The guy was clearly upset about something which is why mostly kept to himself and didn't respond even when Josh went out of his way to annoy the guy unnecessarily.

"Nothing", Declan replied curtly.

Josh hummed. "I don't mean to pry—"

"Then don't", Declan interrupted sharply.

"Oh, but I have to", Josh smiled sweetly. "Has this sulky mood of yours got any connection to the rather ugly fight you had with your father last night?", He raised an eyebrow, knowing exactly what he's doing.

Declan merely stared back in reply.

"Hmm. It does, huh", Josh exhaled soundly. "I knew it. Never doubting myself again."

The waiter then arrives with their orders, places them on the table and wordlessly goes away. Each one takes hold of their respective coffee cup.

Josh blows on his hot coffee while continuing to stare at Declan not yet finished with the conversation apparently. "You know—", He began, causing Declan to groan in displeasure. "—dumping your frustration and anger towards this Trent-guy on your poor old father was kinda insensitive."

"I don't wanna talk about it", Declan was uncomfortable.

"Because I'm right?", Josh raised an eyebrow.

Declan takes a sip of his coffee, declining to reply.

"Two for two. I'm on roll today", Josh grinned in pleasure.

"Josh please", Declan sighed.

"You can avoid this conversation as much as you please, but I know you'd do the same for me if I were in your position. So I'll say this", Josh got serious. "Micah is absolutely right. You never acknowledged him as your father and that's your fault. You don't get to berate him for that. That was low."

"I know. Can we not talk about this for now?"

"Alright. Back to our case."

Declan nodded. "Good. Now this is how we go forward from here", He began discussing their plan. "Elder Sabrina has thoughtfully referred us to one of her closest confidants who lives over here in the city. We'll go there first."

"Who is this confidant?", Josh questioned curiously.

"Her daughter", Declan answered.

Josh's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "She has a daughter? I didn't know that."

"I didn't either until she mentioned her, of course", Declan shrugged. "Nevertheless, Elder Sabrina has assured us she will provide us with shelter and food during our stay here."

"Great. Atleast we wouldn't need to talk to random strangers over here. Who knows what these witches can and can't do to us. I'd rather stay a human that turn into a frog or something", Josh shuddered.

Declan rolled his eyes. "Elder Sabrina assured me that her daughter will guide us around here and also help answer any questions we have. Since we have no leads yet, she's our best chance."