(40)

Vote and comment!

Hunters.

The word had never before this moment induced any sort of panic or fear into the hearts of the mystic creatures.

How could it?

Hunters were merely humans with suicidal ambitions. The mystic creatures were far more stronger in every other manner. Realistically, an army of humans couldn't stand against one mystic being.

But today they learnt something new.

Unbeknownst to all, Callisto has joined hands with the hunters. She's not just planning to destroy the Mystic world once and for all, but actually enlist the help of the hunter's community to achieve so.

As the phrase goes, 'the enemy of your enemy is your friend'

Vincent was right. The hunters had suddenly grown confident about themselves. Guess anyone would be confident if a witch as powerful as Callisto was on their side.

It wouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if it finally made sense why the hunters were experimenting on mystic beings and using them to build stronger and dangerously lethal weapons. First, Daniel-the vampire. Second, Tatia-the witch.

These are the two captors that the council knows of. But Declan had a feeling there could have been more- a captor from all kinds. God knows what they were needed with them, but if the hunters were experimenting on mystic beings then surely they poked and prodded all the kinds.

And if Declan's right, how they managed to keep a werewolf and dragon as hostages against their wishes is beyond one's imagination.

Maybe Callisto helped them....

Declan also learnt that when he, Josh and Alana arrived back from the enchanted city they actually barged in on a meeting arranged to discuss the council's next actions on the whole hunter situation.

It seemed like a lot. Maybe Declan's theories made absolute sense, or maybe it was all over-analysing the clues available at their disposal.

There was only one way to find out.

"I have to go see her again", Declan muttered, mostly to himself. But of course everyone heard him since the hall was echoing silence earlier.

"Excuse me?", Elder Sabrina frowns.

"Did you just say what I think you said?", Elder Micah was in disbelief.

"He did", Josh spoke first, his arms crossed across his chest, a very pissed off look on his face. The man was not even surprised at Declan's decision.

Declan inhaled deeply. "Hear me out-

"No!", Elder Micah snapped, cutting him off mid-sentence. His facial expression and body language are almost dangerous. "You are not going anywhere close to that witch. I don't want any further arguments or discussions over this", He said that with a much clear finality in his tone that didn't go unnoticed.

The other elders seemed to have agreed with Micah because they all remained quiet with an unexplainable look on their face. Though the tone Micah used had everyone in the hall nervous. He did not seem like a man to be messed with right now.

But they say, a parent's patience can only be truly tested by his own blood.

"I have to. There is a lot that I am still not sure if I'm right about. I have to get her to spill her own beans. I think I can do it", Declan said with conviction.

"Did you not hear what I just said?", Elder Micah grit his teeth.

Heavy detectable choking tension filled the air making some of them uneasy.