(20)

Vote and comment!

Pain is relative at this point.

The last month has been so adventurous and daunting that it brings zero surprise to Declan when he narrowly escaped death once again. It was almost as if he was supposed to go through hell, but not die.

Pain, however, is an entirely different story. If only he could escape the pain that follows his unfortunate situations the easy way. He's tired of being in the same situation over and over again.

Declan winced once again at the stinging goddamn shoulder injury. "Sorry", Quintin muttered once again like a broken record.

After Declan heroically passed out, he was brought immediately into the castle and to the healer's wing for treatment. Quintin was forced to arrive mid-shower, however he had time to wear his clothes which was a plus.

Minutes into the hospital Declan regained consciousness and was met with Quintin's handsome face that carried a blank expression as his focus was on treating the bite wound. It took a few seconds but Declan gained the recollection of the moments that lead him to be admitted here.

"Damn that rogue", Declan grit, as Quintin gently applies some roots and herbs to his wounds.

"Uh-huh", Quintin hummed. "Be grateful you survived."

"Hard to be thankful when I feel like I am being stabbed over and over when you apply this god knows what medicine on my already excruciating wound Quin."

"Would you rather I let it be?", Quintin asked testily, raising his sharp eyebrow.

Declan shut his mouth knowing fully well it will hurt more if he stops. "I can tolerate the pain", He fake smiled.

Quintin scoffs, throwing away the used cotton. "Like you have a choice.".

"What crawled up your ass and died?", Declan asked, adding a hiss in the end due to another sting, but then quickly morphed it into a smile when Quintin looked up at him challengingly.

"I was having a wonderful relaxing bath when your friends barged into my room, demanding my presence for your injuries and ruined bath day for me", Quintin answered blankly.

"They barged into your room or...?", Declan asked sheepishly.

Quintin looked at him with deadpanned eyes. "Almost broke my bathroom door by pounding their heavy ass fists on it."

"Oh", Declan grimaced and not at the pain.

The next few minutes involved Quintin patching up the wound wordlessly like the trained specialist he is and Declan felt the pain miraculously reducing to a dull ache as time passed.

"I heard you helped two kids and an injured man today. Good job", Quintin complimented once done.

"Thanks", Declan sighed, looking around for a shirt to put on since his was torn. "But you are the real hero today. Tending to multiple victims, I'm guessing?"

Quintin turned his head to behind him at Declan while washing his hands. "Damn those rogues."

"I hear ya", Declan nods.

While wiping his hands with a clean cloth Quintin came over to where Declan was seated on a bed. "One month here and you've already visited my wing a couple times. If I didn't know better I'd say you're into me."

Declan smiled. "What can I say? You're hot."

Quintin sighed relaxing. "I'm aware of  that, but you shouldn't injure yourself just to see me. I do not need that on my conscience."