(26)

Comment and vote!

So much for keeping it a secret.

After the dragon chief—Dominic—revealed quite loudly for everyone to hear that Declan is the 'chosen one' it was hard to believe these were the same dragon shifters who wore a look of hatred on their faces upon Declan and the group's arrival.

Now, they seemed to be unable to not stare at Declan with nothing, but fascination. As if he were a celebrity.

"Is it true?", A small cute, very familiar voice asked. Declan turned to find Astrid and Zion's eyes fixated on him. "Are you really the chosen one?", The latter asked with a hopeful expression.

Declan nodded once. "Yeah."

"I should have known. Your aura", Astrid whispered, sounding surprised herself. "There was something special about you all along. We discussed it, right?", She excitedly looked at her brother.

Zion nodded, walking over to Declan with an expression of awe. "You are the reason Astrid and I resurrected back to life. You did it", He whispered in amazement.

Declan stared at him, unsure what that meant. But he's grown to know to accept things that do not make sense to him in the first impression. His last couple weeks have been spent literally swimming in a pool of the unknown.

"Our father chose you. I can't believe it!", Astrid announced, looking like this is the happiest she's ever been.

Our father. Exactly. Declan's mind is blown by the fact that these normal appearing kids are in fact a legendary species. And why the hell was he not detailed with the royal family tree? The emperor had two kids!?

Josh stepped forward clutching Declan's hand. "Are you feeling dizzy? I am."

Declan looked back at him concern all over his face for his friend

Josh shook his head. "Not physically. I'm as healthy as a horse", He waved it off. "I meant these two kids. They're the phoenix? Am I dreaming? They ate our food! Slept next to us!", He exclaimed, feeling like he'll lose his mind.

"Well we're not the phoenix. That's our father", Astrid grinned, looking extremely proud, puffing her chest.

"Uh huh. Thanks for letting us know about that little girl. You're just...I don't know, a day late", Josh sassed.

Declan elbowed his friend hard, warning him to watch his tone. "Josh."

"What? Am I wrong? We put our lives on line to save theirs from a bunch of crazy rogue werewolves, then allowed him to tag along with us like puppies and they hide this from us? Why?", Josh exclaimed.

"You were attacked?", Dominic interrupted, his expression serious and cautious.

Declan nods. "They were", He gestures his chin towards the twins.

"And we got caught in crossfire", Josh rolled his eyes.

The mere revelation got literally everyone on alert. Except Declan and Josh, who remained in their same  positions, all the dragon shifters somewhat created a circle around the twins, guarding them.