(10)

Vote and comment!

Declan wasn't expecting to walk into this grand throne room when he agreed to accompany the vampire king to meet his fellow rulers. He was awestruck by the magnificent royal design and authentic interior.

Almost like he had entered the sets of a high budget production of a historic movie.

The four distinct but equally striking thrones were without a doubt the highlight of the room. They stood out uniquely in a way that one's eyes would fall on just those and remain there as soon as they enter this place.

Declan didn't have much time to appreciate the features of the room. His eyes found two burly men who sat calmly on their respective thrones right in front of him. Both emitted this strong aura which reminded Declan of the moment he had met Elder Micah. It was the same feeling.

Suddenly he also remembered the customs people followed here when they are in the midst of an Elder. Not wanting to display any disrespect Declan made the quick decision to follow the practice. He bowed halfway with his left hand behind his back just like the way he's witnessed others do.

Neither Rufus nor Elias were expecting that gesture. Why would they? They were fully aware of the boy's limited time in their world for him to know any traditions around here. So expectedly it took them by surprise, not that they let it show on their face.

Micah who almost smiled at Declan's thoughtfulness decided to introduce them. "Declan meet Rufus Remington— The Dragon Lord, and Elias Scott— The Alpha Prime."

"It's an honour to meet you", Declan spoke clearly, hiding his mild nervousness.

The two elders were infact looking forward to meet this fledgling Micah had intrigued them about. They could see the boy was actually quite young and mannered. It was the right call to request a meeting with them today. They had a few important discussions in mind.

"Likewise young man. We've already heard great things about you", Rufus greeted in his heavy voice.

Declan glanced at Elder Micah for a moment wondering what he'd told them.

"We're sorry to hear about your situation. It's unfortunate what happened", Rufus consoled sincerely.

Once again Declan wasn't sure how to react to the sympathy he was being served with so he remained quiet and acknowledged the man with a nod.

"We assure you the rogue will be dealt with accordingly for his heinous crimes. He was been on the council's radar for a long time now", Rufus assured.

Declan resisted the urge to call them out on their poor effort to catch Daniel. If only they had done a better job at locating that vampire and capturing him long ago he wouldn't be standing here. Anyway, not the time and place to start accusing people.

After a small pause and a glance at the other elders Rufus continued. "It's not our nature to beat around the bush so I'll get to the point."

Declan frowned a bit.

"I am under the impression you have refused to feed on blood. Am I right?", Rufus questioned. He wasn't able to help it. He trusted Micah wouldn't lie to them but he wanted to hear it with his own ears. It's not everyday they come across something like this.

"Yes, you're absolutely right", Declan answered without hesitation.

Even though they were expecting to hear that it surprised them. The boy didn't show any uncertainty despite how he must be feeling right now.

"Why?", Elias questioned blankly.

"I made my intentions clear to Elder Micah regarding this situation. With all due respect, becoming a vampire was not my choice and I'm not at all in agreement with their ways. I absolutely look down upon hurting innocent humans just to fulfill my desires. That is just not who I am", Declan replied with his head high.