(23)

Comment and vote!

Josh's arrival had created a positive impact in Declan's otherwise overwhelming complicated life and that didn't go unnoticed by the elders. It reassured them about their decision to break one of their most sacred laws.

The next couple days after his best friend's arrival, Declan and Josh spent most of their time investigating this 'new case' that had fallen into their lap like a ripe fruit from a tree. They had started taking this very seriously too as it's a question of innumerable lives at stake.

"So this mystery man that's come into your dream indirectly asking you to accept vampirism, he ever pay a complimentary visit again?", Josh asked, flipping a pen with his fingers, his legs resting on the table crossed over.

Declan stared at the wall of the room that was filled with notes, dates, phoenix information, prophecy—basically everything they know so far. The elders had allowed them to use this spare room for their case which is where these two spent most of their time.

"No. Just then and the time the elders and I heard his voice in that secret chamber", Declan replied, his brows turned into a frown as he focussed on the clues stuck to the wall.

Josh hummed. "So we can conclude you actually heard the phoenix."

Declan turns to look at him. "Not necessarily."

Josh wore a look saying, 'you can't be serious' before he spoke. "Come on. Of course it's this emperor guy. Phoenix-Emperor-creator, it's all the same. Heck his sword awakened at your touch."

"But he's dead", Declan stated, voicing the impossibility.

"And magical", Josh added. "Dude literally created the world we're living inside. He's objectively the most powerful man. Besides we know a part of him lives within the sword which is why you saw it glow up like a glow stick, so I don't think visiting you in your dream is a task."

Declan sighed heavily having no reason to disagree. "Yes, but he's no help to us anyway. If he comes to my dream tonight and tells me where his phoenix gem is then I'll let you know."

Josh nods. "Sounds like it won't happen, but okay."

"Now let's go through what we have already figured out so far", Declan turns back to look at the wall.

Josh picks up his notebook and takes a deep breath before talking. "So we know the mighty phoenix stopped resurrecting like a thousand years ago—practically before my ancestor family line even began—and left a bunch of people baffled."

"Following his disappearance, somehow before his sword got lost the gem detached from it, which I'm sure someone stole, and for years there's no report of anyone coming across it. When the elders found the sword, they kept it safe with them hidden from the world. And now some dead creepy ass witches have warned the elders of some apocalypse that will end the existence of this dope world."

"Enter Declan Reed", Josh then smiled looking up at his friend. "Then you my friend got pulled into all this because you are the 'chosen one' who's going to stop this freaky prophecy from happening and I, Josh Hades, will help you accomplish it and that's how we become the heros of their fucking history."

Declan stared at Josh with an unimpressed look. "Enough with the jokes Josh. This is serious."

Josh raised his eyes in surrender. "Sorry I forgot I was working with you again which means having fun is criminal."

Declan rolled his eyes. "What do we have on the gem?"

"From what you learnt from one of the elder people is that we gotta meet this man who lives far north in the mountains like a cave person and see what he knows about this phoenix considering his parents served the mighty emperor", Josh replied, flipping his notebook shut.