(24)

Comment and vote

It was time to leave.

Following the discussion Declan had with the elders regarding his next plan of action which requires him to travel far to the northern mountains and meet the chief of the dragons, he and Josh had begun making arrangements.

"Pack these too", Declan tossed a few protein bars, which Josh catches in surprise.

"Hold on", Josh frowned analysing those bars. "Isn't your diet plain blood? What are these bars gonna help you with? Oh wait, do these consist blood?", He asked, sounding grossed out.

Declan rolled his eyes, stuffing a few pair of clothes in his duffle bag. "It's for you genius. Normal human food. Got it from Vincent. Figured you'd like munching on energy food on the way."

"Oh. That makes sense", Josh nods, reading the ingredients on the back of the wrapper.

The two of them were busy packing some essentials they knew they'd need for their journey. And since they weren't sure what to expect on the way, or even at their destination they were expecting dangers as well.

So that called for reinforcements they'd require to defend themselves with. Josh was more insisting to bring some weapons along because to his dismay, he doesn't posses fangs, speed or enhanced hearing.

The elders allowed Josh to raid their armory which is usually restricted for their council members or specially trained guards.

Josh grabbed a bunch of things. For example, he packed in a box of those tiny sharp cylindrical bullets which were filled with toxic materials like ashwood (lethal to vampires), silver (lethal to werewolves) and normal bullets too which work on human like witches.

Other things included, a retractable sword, a few vials of cloaking potions, a torch, and two sleeping bags.

When it was time for goodbye the elders arrived to see them off.

"Are you sure you'll explain things to Lena?", Declan sighed, feeling guilty.

Elder Rufus nodded with a small smile. "It's important she's kept in dark about your reasons to leave the castle. So I'll convince my daughter your departure was abrupt and urgent."

Declan nodded half heartedly. "She'll kill me for not telling her."

It was true. He felt bad to keep so many secrets from Lena, especially after that meaningful conversation they had when she revealed her biggest secret to him. Her unique ability.

But this was necessary and out of Declan's hand.

Elder Sabrina then stepped forward and presented her closed fist in front of Declan. He glanced first at her eyes before looking down at her manicured, jewellery adorned hand questioningly.

Elder Sabrina slowly opened her fist and it revealed a locket. A chain attacked to a small dark blue rock. Just a darker shade of Sabrina's magic.

"This locket contains an enchantment", Elder Sabrina explained. "I've put a very powerful spell on this locket Declan. Since none of us can assist you on your journey I'd like to help you protect yourself."

Declan glanced up looking curious. "What does it do?"

Elder Sabrina stepped closer and helped Declan wear the locket around his neck. "If there's ever a situation you desperately need to get out of, but there's no way out, this will help", She replied calmly.

"Wherever you are, it doesn't matter which corner of our world. If you enclose your fist in a tight grasp around this blue rock and focus on it's magic, it'll open a portal which will help transport you to us, here at the citadel", Elder Sabrina revealed softly.