(9)

[Declan's POV]

"How are you feeling Declan?", Elder Micah asked.

I shrugged in reply once again. I didn't really know how to answer that question without sounding like a man having a mental break down.

We've been into this road journey for an hour and half and already the king has asked me the same question repeatedly five times. It isn't irritating me because I'm aware that's he's just looking out for me. And I appreciate that.

But I believe my replies are not bringing the elder any sort of relief or satisfaction either though I think it should. He simply looked at the me with so much curiousity that it almost felt like he was frustrated.

He didn't say a word though, just stared at me once in a while unapologetically.

"You still don't want to feed?", He asked me next, though he seemed like he already had an idea.

I shake my head no, feeling the uncomfortable burn in my neck scream otherwise.

Now he visibly seemed frustrated and I don't know why. Maybe he's tired of keeping an eye on me to see if I suddenly lose my senses and kill any innocent to drink blood.

Well, if that's the case then he doesn't have to worry. I'm not planning on drinking blood ever no matter what.

I look at him thinking how he's a vampire himself after all. The leader of them infact. That's what I understood when others spoke to him. He is titled a king too.

Did he feel disgusted by the thought of being a vampire just like me? Does he hate the idea of drinking blood? Has he ever killed an innocent human? My mind was racing with questions and some unnecessary thoughts. I try to clear my head of them all.

I lean my head on the seat and look outside the window. The sun was starting to slowly rise leaving the dark painful night in the past.

Painful.

I watched the tress pass by in a blur. The light rays of the sun painted the sky blue reminding me of how that dreadful night had passed finally. Somehow it felt like it was giving me a sign to move on.

Not knowing what the future holds for me and frankly not caring at all about it I close my eyes and felt the exhaustion creep in. Whether it was the previous day's events that caused that or was it just lack of---blood, I don't know.

I have no idea whatsoever where I'm going or how long will it take for us to reach this place. But one thing I know for sure. I'm not planning my future at all now.

Turns out things don't always happen the way you want them to.

.
.
.

Blood. Blood. Blood.

I need blood. That crimson red, mouth-watering, appealing liquid. I want to feel the warmth race down my throat and sate my wild hunger.

"Declan?"

Blood. Blood. Blood.

I felt a hand on my shoulder gently shaking me. Who is disturbing me?

I want blood.

Suddenly with a loud alarming gasp I wake up from my deep slumber and look around in panic. We two were still in the moving car and my mouth was watering. My fangs were out on their own poking my lips.

I looked to my side at the elder and he stared into my red eyes, my fangs and then shook his head shifting his attention back to the road ahead of us.

"Your own body is craving severely for food and yet you claim you're fine. Unbelievable", Elder Micah sighs.