(22)

Comment and vote!

The next few days proved to be very preoccupying for Declan. Since he'd decided it's quite necessary for him to take this prophecy deal seriously he had, in his own way, started working on it.

It was essential to start from the beginning. What actually happened the day the phoenix stopped resurrecting?

Now, he's read every single book accessible to him from a feasible source—the library. Lena's been guiding him throughout under the impression that he's merely exploring his interest on the subject, which was far from the truth.

Once Declan exhausted his one source available to him, he decided to speak to Elder Rufus.

The materials that he's already been through have mentioned the involvement of the dragons with the emperor—the mighty phoenix, practically a dozen times. Apparently dragons were, and they quote 'guardians' of the phoenix . The first species created by the emperor.

And the only dragons he knew were literally just Cora and her father. While she isn't here at the moment Declan decided to have a meeting with the dragon lord himself considering he's got to know something.

The conversation that he had with him wasn't entirely useful but it wasn't disappointing either. Surprisingly enough, even Elder Rufus knew very little about what happened a millenium ago.

Maybe because he didn't exist then..

Anyway Elder Rudus happily told him everything when Declan informed him of his new promise. But that information also wasn't enough for Declan to get a full picture. Seeing Declan's frustration visible on his face, the dragon lord directed him towards a more efficient source.

According to him, there is a man alive today who's infact the oldest dragon among their community. This man was born after the disappearance of the phoenix, but Elder Rufus knew that his parents served the phoenix once.

Now the problem is that, this man lives far north in the mountains among other dragons and has never left that place in atleast two centuries. If indeed Declan wished to research more in this prophecy he's required to go there himself.

He unsure on how to accomplish that.

A week after Tatia's funeral, Declan packed up all the courage in store and decided to talk to his father regarding his plan. But to his dismay Elder Micah wasn't even in the castle. Vincent informed Declan that he's gone to attend some personal buisness outside the city and will return in a day.

That day is supposed to be today. So Declan waited until he's arrived and is available for a conversation with  him.

Declan had a feeling Lena suspects something's up with him since his new sudden interest into the whole Phoenix legend has raised a few curiosities in her mind. She hasn't directly questioned him about it, and he's hoping it stays like that.

"Mr Reeds?"

Declan's eyes move away from the book in his hand to find Vincent standing at the door of the library. "Yes, Vincent", He acknowledged him, sitting straight.

"Tha vampire king has arrived in the castle. Since you wished to meet him earlier, I figured you'd wanna know", Vincent informed.

Declan flipped the book shut in his hand, stood up and started gathered his own book where he's been maintaining notes before heading for the door immediately. "Thanks Vincent. You're the best!", Declan patted the man's shoulder on his way out.

Vincent looked taken aback, but he nodded anyway.

As Declan made his way towards his father's suite he put away his book in his pocket. He started pacing faster because of he was eager to see him. While turning around a corner that would lead him to his father's room he almost walked into someone.