(25)

Comment and vote!

"Where did they come from!?", Josh cried, losing his mind at the sudden events happening out of nowhere.

Declan stood stunned for a moment or two staring at those twins, who by the way were appeared scared out of their wits, looking around as if they couldn't comprehend the urgency, clutching to each other. It was difficult, but Declan pulled his eyes off them to face the rogue situation.

"Row the boat. We gotta get to the shore!", Declan decided.

Both Josh and Declan once again grab their paddles and start rowing and cutting through the water as fast as they could. Since Declan was a bit faster he would try helping stir both sides incase he's going too fast.

The werewolves in the water were still after them and the archers stopped using them as target boards when they got too far for the arrows to reach them. Instead they also shift into wolves and jump into the lake.

"Why are they after us?", Josh demanded, turning his head towards Declan.

"Maybe they're not after us", Declan replied, sounding a little confused still as he glances behind them at the twins, who now occupied the corner of the boat clinging to each other.

Fortunately they reached the shore before the rogues could reach them. Declan and Josh quickly grab their bags and jump out of the boat, on the land. They turn to see the twins were still unmoving looking terrified.

"We cannot leave them here", Declan muttered.

Josh sighs knowing he's right. "You grab the boy, I'll take the girl."

They both moved steadily with hands raised, showing they meant no harm, towards the twins who backed up further more into the boat, their eyes wide in fear not accepting of the closing distance between them.

"Kids please. We don't have time for introductions", Josh whispered impatiently, but politely. Didn't seem like it made any difference though, the twins swallowed nervously.

"Hey! Hey! It's okay", Declan tried to calm them. "You remember me? We met a few days ago. Neither one of us will hurt you, but you two have to come with us otherwise those dangerous rogues could hurt you", He explained, pointing at the lake. The rogues were almost at the shore.

The twin girl looking more braver than her twin brother nodded affirmatively understanding the panic situation. She slowly rised up, but her brother tightly held her hand shaking his head, terrified to his core.

"We cannot stay here", The girl whispered urgently, helping her brother stand up assuredly.

"Come on", Declan offered his hand to the boy, who very reluctantly accepted the help looking like he wanted to somewhere else.

Josh followed the same with the girl who didn't take her eyes of her twin brother even as they were a little separated. "Dec! Dec! They're here!"

"Shit! Go! Go! Go!", Declan quickly lifted the boy in his arms and sprinted into a run.

It was three lives Declan needed to protect so that is why he limited his speed to Josh's to remain side by side otherwise he could crossed miles by now. No way the rogues can keep up with that.

Ahead of them was a clear field with stranded trees here and there providing utterly no hideout for them against the rogues. They were in clear sight for the rogues to hunt them leaving no choice, but to just run.

Josh, while running, glanced back and spotted the wolves nearing them. "Damn they can run fast! Not that I understand why they're chasing us in the first place!"