(12)

Another set of silence filled the throne room following Elder Micah's angry words directed towards the council members who still remained dazed of  Declan's actions from earlier.

The heavy silence only breaks when Declan pushes himself off the wall and on the marble floor getting on all fours gasping for breath. His throat was burning like lava and his mind was in a freaking frenzy.

Earlier when he realised Vincent was afraid of him he accomplished to momentarily gather control of his senses by jumping away and give it straight to Daniel. But now, he was in pain.

"I'll leave", Vincent informed almost immediately watching Declan in pain.

For the first time without waiting for the elders permission he jogged out of the throne room, one hand covering the scratches on his neck. He couldn't help but spare a last glance at the struggling fledgling before he vacated the room.

Elder Micah was quick to rush towards Declan in order to help him. The remaining people in the room could do nothing but stare at a rare sight in front of their eyes, unmoving.

"Declan?", Elder Micah calls out gently, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Declan gasped for air as if he was having difficulty breathing. His eyes were shut close tight due to the pounding headache. When he moved even an inch he felt pain, physical pain. Almost like he'll get sick and puke.

"I..want it", Declan gasped, opening his red eyes looking up.

Elder Micah frowned. He fully understood what the boy wanted and yet even though those words were all he hoped to hear for days now, he wasn't sure this moment. He was once again torn up in dilemma.

Was Declan demanding for blood in his right senses? Or is it just a reaction to what he's feeling presently?

"Calm down first", Elder Micah suggested.

Declan painfully shakes his pounding head. "I-I can't. It hurts bad!"

"I know", Elder Micah sighs helplessly.

For the next following seconds everyone watches a young fledgling writhing in pain, yet controlling himself surprisingly well.

The Elder Witch suddenly steps down her throne and walks towards the two vampire males gracefully, a calm expression adorning her face.

"Sabrina, can you help him?", Elder Micah asked.

She smiled softly nodding. Her right hand then reached down and rested gently on Declan's head caressing his smooth hair. Anyone who was watching couldn't find anything helpful about that small action but it made all the difference to Declan.

He suddenly felt a much needed calm spread all over his body. The headache stopped within seconds and the frenzy and bloodthirst magically disappeared like it was never there before.

His suffering stopped immediately and he opened his eyes without experiencing any pain this time and looked at Elder Micah in front of him who visibly relaxed. Then his eyes followed the hand on his head to it's owner and then they went wide.

The Elder Sabrina retracted her hand and sighed at him.

"How many more times are you prepared to put yourself through that pain?", Elder Micah questioned, with a much forced calm in his tone. "This isn't going to stop until you give your body what it requires."

Declan's head dipped down uncomfortably. Once again he was facing that inescapable choice he had to make at the earliest. He just can't ignore it as much as he wants to.

"Let us all continue the meeting. I believe there was more than one agenda on schedule today?", Elder Sabrina intervened, most likely to deflect everyone from the topic.