(34)

Vote and comment!

The word 'baffled' fell short to describe what Declan felt the moment Alana said what she said.

It took him a moment to register the fact that both the sorceress queen as well as her daughter are descendants of the oldest witch bloodline to ever exist.

Well...one of the oldest.

Alana explained that not all witches are born with equal strength in magic. Everyone has their expertise. But her mother excelled in all kinds of spells and magic. The only 'right' theory was that they inherited those extraordinary abilities by the courtesy of their ancestors.

There was a major reason why  Sabrina Delgado was nominated to become the elder witch and represent the magic community in the council. She was practically the heir of an ancient sacred bloodline.

i.e, The most powerful one of them all.

A lot of questions rained down Declan post that revelation just like always but he chose not to stray from the actual topic. At last finding a ray of hope he convinced Alana to bring any information she had on her oldest ancestors, and the people who lived amongst them then.

Unfortunately, she explained that witches are not immortal so it's difficult to rely on the sources that provide insight on the history of their people, especially that far back then. The authenticity is likely to be unreliable considering no actual written record was made by people back then. So word of mouth it is.

Declan knew he wouldn't get lucky like he did in the dragon city. There was Dominic, the oldest man alive there to provide him with the necessary facts. But there was no one here. Suddenly he felt even more grateful towards Dominic.

Either way, he convinced Alana to at least bring anything she could find that could possibly help them. Any oldest record would do, even if it's unreliable. At this point, they're not ruling out any piece of parchment without checking it out themselves.

Determined, she left almost immediately saying she will speak to the coven heads of the enchanted city and get what she can manage from them.

Declan crossed his fingers hoping they would find something, anything.

An hour later, Alana arrived with a stack of old, tattered books, almost all of them in a poor condition. Declan was immediately reminded of Lena who'd freak out and complain until his ear fell off about the maintenance of these books.

A sigh escaped him thinking of her. He missed her.

Alana told them that she managed to bring all the scrap available that recorded the oldest history of their people. She even brought a journal that practically showed an ancestral family tree. Apparently their people believed it was important to record each and every coven and its witches more than the historical events for the future generations.

It could be helpful to know who those dark witches were who attacked the phoenix. But there were no means available to recognise them. Pages and pages of portraits, and pictures were there but no clue as to which ones they were exactly looking for.

Nevertheless they kept it aside for any need in future.

One by one both Declan and Josh went through each and every fat book and read each line thoroughly, making notes of what they read simultaneously.

A few books were also written in ancient script which they were not familiar with. That's where Alana came in. Since she had learnt all witch languages, she transcribed those writings for them effortlessly.

It literally took them all day to go through every material at their disposal.

"Un-fucking-believable", Declan frustratedly slammed the last book shut throwing his pen on the table looking beyond irritated.