Christmas

Every night I go to the Gryffindor common room because I don't want the twins poking into my stuff. I'd rather the, not come to Ravenclaw. I laugh with Fred and George til unseemly hours and then go on a pranking spree with them.

It was fun. Come Christmas time my parents were still busy. A Christmas at Hogwarts would be fun. Just not what I wanted. Which is when the twins invited me to the burrow. Still, I feel bad for Draco. He never enjoyed Christmas as much as he should. Christmas at the Malfoy Manor never really felt like Christmas unless I was there. Yet I really couldn't say no to the Weasley twins. I was just about to bring up Draco Malfoy but last time I did that they went on and on about how much of a prat he is.

Which I understand. It really wasn't his fault but calling people mudbloods was a horrible thing and he's done it. To which I wouldn't talk to him for a month till he apologized for what he did and said he'd never do it again. I've met his dad so yeah Draco's not great but I'll stick by him.

Fred, George, and I sneak out of the common room. And yes I do tell McGonagall about all the pranks I pull with them. Harmless fun that she advises me not to do but she'd rather not punish me as long as I'm honest. Harmless fun is better than destroying the wizarding world. Today's prank was going to be exceptionally fun. We were going to go into Flinch's office and turn his room upside down. A spell I made myself.

"Ash you're brilliant. I would've never thought to create a whole new spell for a prank," Fred grins as we sneak across the halls.

"Figured as much when you suggested making everything sticky and then propping it on the ceiling. Gosh, you gits need me," I roll my eyes sarcastically.

"Sure do love," Fred winks.

"Aaah when I think about what my life would've been like without Ash my heart just aches," George says dramatically.

They always flirt with you like that and sometimes you do back. I think it shows how comfortable and close we are to each other now. We are best friends.

"Gosh, guys I'm blushing. If you continue this I'll have to go out and learn a love spell," I say in a monotone voice as if reading from a script.

We all quietly laugh and talk as we reach Flinch's office. We step in.

"Grab onto something... well me, grab onto me," I say.

"Anything for you sweetie cakes," Fred grabs onto my waist.

I laugh as George grabs my arm.

Everything in the room will be turned upside down except the caster and anyone touching the castor.

"Tophisky alo Turv," I cast.

A variation of Topsy turvy that I researched and gave Latin roots and old language to make a spell. Some words are just infused with magic.

There's a swirl of purple. A little touch I like to add to most of my spells. And the room was upside down in a blink of an eye.

"Blimey, you really are brilliant," George says.

A piece of parchment falls from Flinch's desk. Well, I'm still a first-year student and not all of my spells can be perfect. I look at it and all it says is my name. Interesting. The twins look over my shoulders at it. Fred attempts to take it out of my hand.

"Wait. Revealio," I say.

The parchment changes. A few words or I guess code names I don't understand. Padfoot, worm tail, stuff like that. "Raise your wand tap the paper and say 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good, then 'Mischief managed' to keep from prying eyes." You do so and it's a detailed map of Hogwarts. You can see where everyone is. This was cool.