Friends

"Come on Longbottom. What if I do your potions work and you do my Herbology?" I whine.

"It hardly makes sense Ash. I would if I could but you have Herbology with the Slytherins. The assignment is to properly harvest and replant a mandrake root. Seeing as we don't even have the same class-" Neville explains.

I was never the best at Herbology. There were just too many plants and too many ways to take care of them. On top of that, you have to remember to actually take care of them. I was struggling a lot in this class. I didn't have Luna, Thomas, or even Draco. The reason Neville and I are even talking is due to Hermione's recommendation. Harry and Ron kept her busy.

We spent the next hour with Neville teaching me about the different roots and how much water each type needs. Along with more basic Herbology while I taught him some basic potions. Along with a promise that I'd talk to Snape. Or that I'd make Malfoy talk to Snape, they were much closer than I.

"So, what are we working on?" Hermione walks over to us.

"Right now? Potions, we're going over a basic antidote," I say, "Where's Harry and Ron. Aren't you attached at the hip?"

"Sounds more like you and the Twins. I still have a grudge against Ron and Harry, they called me no fun and annoying. Can you believe that?"

"That was months ago and they feel bad, anyways Fred and George are at quidditch practice," I answer.

"Same with Harry. Ron's watching but I am not that interested in quidditch," Hermione says.

"What about you Longbottom?" I ask.

"I'm scared of heights, and flying, and flying brooms, and balls being thrown at me, terrified of bludgers. Sometimes I'm even scared to watch in the stands," Neville answers.

"I suppose all that's a valid reason to not try out. I quite like quidditch. Sometimes I watch Ravenclaw play with Luna. Fred and George can't come because they're Gryffindors and I'm not really interested in Gryffindor either since I can't play till next year. I already have to listen to the twin's rant about the sport whenever Wood came around," I say.

"Wood IS quidditch obsessed," Hermione says.

"Tell me about it."

"And why are we all gathered here?" Thomas walks over to our library table. It looks like he just came from his dorm.

"Studying and gossiping."

"Well if you need any help in Transfiguration I'm your guy. Can't do much else. I question every day why I'm a Ravenclaw," Thomas sighs sitting down.

We spend the rest of the day studying and then head back to our dorms. I hug Hermione goodbye and wave to Longbottom. Thomas and I walk back together.

"Did you know I've been flying since I was 3? I still can't believe I didn't make the quidditch team. I mean we're Ravenclaw! We're supposed to be nerds, so why is stupid little Cho Chang such a good seeker. AND she's a second-year like me, I'M STUCK WITH HER," Thomas exclaims.

"Slow your role, I'm friends with Cho and you could always try out for a different position, if you didn't suck," I snicker.

"You've been hanging out with Draco too much," Thomas purses his lips.

I hit him over the head and we enter the Ravenclaw common room.

"Ash, I wanted to say one more thing."

"Yeah sure what is it-," I start saying before Thomas kisses me.

I don't kiss back. I didn't like him like that. I pull away.