Fred's date

Fred's POV:

Ash and Oliver are together more and more these days. Leaving me alone with George. We go to the great hall for breakfast and sit at the Gryffindor table when Ash walk in, Oliver not far behind her.

"Woah. Who is she?" A brown haired kid asks.

"Ah that's Ash Blue. You're out of luck with her though. She's with the Gryffindor captain, that guy behind her. Not officially but everyone knows they're together," another guy answers.

"I though she was with Fred Weasley?"a raven haired boy asks.

"That's like an old wives tale now," the other guy says, "All you ever see now is Ash and Oliver. I mean... they kissed at the last match."

"Haven't they been in love since like year one? That doesn't just go away," the raven haired boy says.

"Well look at them," the other boy points towards where Ash was sitting with Wood at the Gryffindor table, "do you see Fred over there?"

"I was really hoping they would end up together. Who knew it took a quidditch captain to separate them. I wonder how he managed to do that. Up until a month ago everyone in school thought Fred and Ash were already or would eventually date," the raven haired boy gives in.

That made me upset. Not just the fact that our lives were being openly discussed over breakfast but because the guy who was arguing for mine and Ash's relationship lost.

"Well have you seen them. I admit Fred and her would be cute but I mean quidditch captain and quidditch legend look pretty good too. They are both otherworldly people," the other boy says.

"So what I'm hearing is I don't have a chance?"

"Well you can always ask her yourself, she wouldn't be uncomfortable, won't even remember. She get's asked out much too often to even notice anymore," The raven hair boy shrugs.

"Yeah she doesn't mind the people who ask just to make sure they don't have a chance. It's the people who believe they do that are the issue. Of course if Weasley thought he had a chance together they may actually be together. That's about the only exception though," the other boy says.

"Goodness. Ireland was not this confusing."

I pick at my food. Annoyed and frustrated at them and myself.

"Fred. Hello? Earth to Fred?" George waves a hand in front of my facce.

"What is it George?"

"Aw come on, what are you moping about?"

"Let's go sit by Ash."

"It's always Ash these days," George sighs with a sad smile plastered on his face.

We walk towards them. George takes the seat across causing ASh to look towards me. She scoots closer to Wood. That makes me feel more uneasy than I already did. But she pats to the seat next to her, signaling me to sit. So I do.

"We saw you when you we came in but you looked like you wanted to be left alone. Is something wrong?" Ash asks.

"Freddie here is moping about a gril who got away," George answers.

I glance at Olliver who looks visually more tense.

"Well you shouldn't have let her get away. I've never known you Weasley's to cower before a girl. You're both rather bold," Ash points out.

"This ones different."

"I've heard that before. You're quite unique yourself Fred. I'm sure she'll come around."