Summer 2

I said the rest of my goodbyes. I was going to stay with my parents for a month and then the Malfoys. Maybe Weasley's closer to the next year of school. I get home and it's home. I loved it whenever we could all be together again. Two weeks into the summer my parents tell us about a banquet. We were going to stay at our house near the Malfoys. I was going to surprise Draco.

I walk into his manor and it's dead quiet. His parents were at my house with my parents. I walk to his room. Still dead quiet when I notice the locking charm on the door. I taught him that charm. A soundproofing charm that alohomora couldn't unlock. Something was wrong so I quickly open the door.

"Ash w-what are you doing here?" Draco shakes startled.

He had been crying alone in his room.

"You left this out of your letters," I shake my head, pulling him into a hug.

"It's just a lot of pressure with my dad and and the banquet and-" Draco spills out.

"Sh sh, I know love, I know. We are in no rush. Calm down, say it slowly," I move so that his head is on my lap. I listen to him talk about his troubles as I run my fingers through his hair. He was always so honest to me. He trusts me a lot because if he thought even for a moment I would tell someone else he would've hexed me as I walked through the door. We talk and he somehow goes from crying to laughing.

"Should we tell our parents that we're together?" Draco asks.

"If we do, they just might start inviting people to our wedding. Let's wait a little," I say.

"I don't know. Marrying you wouldn't be sooo bad. I mean if I have to," Draco smirks.

"Shut it Malfoy," I roll my eyes.

Three days pass and it's time for the banquet. I'm wearing a long dark blue dress with see-through sleeves. No one really knew what the banquet was for. People just knew that if you were rich, you went. Draco and I went together. We always go together unless we wanted to invite our friends. It was a nice banquet. Everything went on without a hitch. A few people flirted with us. We were coming of age and stuff now so they flirted more than usual. Just wanted to get into the good graces of rich people. It wasn't anything new but Draco seemed more on edge because of it. As the night goes on I can tell he's had enough. I get ready to leave when a particularly insistent boy comes up to us.

"I see you pretty often, Miss. Blue. I can't believe a pretty girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend. You know I could fix that," the Jerk winks.

"I do have one but even if I didn't I wouldn't consider you an option," I say dryly.

"Come one hun. I've got plenty of ladies waiting to be with me. I'm just giving you a fastpass. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor. Come on. My mansion has a pool," he grabs my arm.

Draco comes up and gets him away from me. He hugs me tightly, turning me away from the guy.

"She prefers manor's over mansions buddy," Draco kisses me.

He holds my hand and we walk out together. When we get back to the manor he apologizes because we had already agreed to not tell anyone. We agreed that we would tell people we had significant others but not that it was each other. I really didn't mind that he did that though. I thought it was cute.

The days pass by quickly. We play quidditch together and study. During our first Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin game Slytherin won. They played dirty, it was so obvious. We were 50 points up when suddenly the bludgers were impossible to deflect. We kept trying to dodge away, lucky to escape with our heads. Even our beaters started trying to avoid the bludgers. It was horrible, our beaters had to sit out of practise because they injured themselves trying to hit them back too. It was impossible to even hit that hard, a jinx had been used. At the end we were compelled to cheat but it had already been too late. Slytherin was 200 points up.