Dementors

The days pass quickly until we finally make it back to Hogwarts. Draco and I had met a few times after I broke up with him. We were still very close and he had some mutual feelings too. Our friendship and our dating relationships were very similar anyway. It didn't really change much since we were never comfortable enough to do anything beyond kissing anyways. After a few weeks of our breakup, we were back to how we were before. We were like siblings. I couldn't even imagine kissing Draco or liking him as anything more than a brother without gagging. Thankfully he felt the same way. Or so he said.

I made it to the train with the twins. We were in a cart with Luna, George, Fred, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Lee, and Oliver. They were talking about quidditch as always. Oliver never seemed to stop talking about quidditch. After a while, Ginny decided to join us. The train car was getting very crowded so I left with Luna.

"Where are you going, Blue?" Oliver asked.

"Probably off to snog Malfoy," Fred teased.

"Oh shove off Fred," I go to leave.

"Well, where are you going then?" George raised a brow.

"To find Draco," I mutter knowing they'd take it the wrong way.

I didn't tell them Draco and I wasn't together yet. It didn't matter much to me. People could think we were still together if they wanted. I'm sure Draco would tell people though unless he wanted to ward off Pansy. Luna walked towards his compartment as I caught her up on my summer and she told me about hers.

"You do realize Potter likes you, right?" Luna muses.

"Well, yeah. I've been told by everyone but him. I think it's just a small crush though. It'll go away, we don't even know each other that well," I shrug the thought of Harry liking me away. Nothing would come from it anyways.

"There are quite a few people interested in you. I reckon you'll get a lot more people approaching you to date once word gets out," Luna says.

"Please, I didn't get much in the first place. Doubt that will change."

"Well, I don't know about that. No one asks out first years but you were the quite popular second year before Draco."

"...Oh Gosh you're right. Still, nothing is going to come from them."

"Unless..." Luna smiles.

"Oh knock it off," I laugh and hit Luna playfully.

We make it to Draco's compartment and find Pansy all over him. He looks laughably uncomfortable. I move Pansy off of him and sit next to him with Luna at my side.

"I was hoping you had missed the train," Parkinson said.

"I was hoping you had gotten run over by one Parkinson," I roll my eyes.

Blaise laughs and Parkinson glares at him. We talked about our summer. Draco and Luna always kind of got along. It was only because I was friends with both of them though. If I hadn't been I don't even want to imagine the things he'd call her.

The lights flicker. Then I feel a cold shock run through the air. I can't move, can't speak, I can barely breathe. It's as if my bones have frozen. That's when I realised we forgot to close the train compartment door. I do my best to break out of my trance. I manage to lunge towards the door but it's too late. A dementor. None of us knew the patronous charm. Draco and I planned to learn it this year when I established a dueling club. The dementor enters our cart and I feel sad. Extremely sad, I couldn't even imagine a moment of happiness. I was stunned and extremely close to the dementor. Everytime I had ever felt true sadness flashed before my eyes and then the truly horrible parts began. The parts that never happened but as they flashed in my mind it felt like they had. The blood runs cold as I see my friends recieving the dementors kiss.