Amortentia

It was potions class. Snape was being extra dramatic today. Luna and I walk in and it smells really nice. Awe had potions with the Slytherins this year so Luna and I sat with Draco.

"Smell the potion in front of you," Snape says.

I lean over and take a sniff. Linen, Fred, books, and ink. It was a very familiar smell. I paused for a moment. All the smells took there time to show up individually. When it had smelt like Fred for a brief moment I was taken aback. Partly because I didn't understand how Fred and George could smell different if they are always together.

"What do you smell Blue?" Snape croans.

"Linen, books, ink, chocolate cookies."

"And what do you think this potion is?" Snape asks.

"Amortentia probably."

"Today we will be brewing amortentia, be sure not to consume any," Snape walks away.

"What did you really smell Ash?" Draco cranes his neck forward.

"What'd you smell Draco?" I ask.

"Apples, expensive perfume, my quidditch broom, you," Draco says.

"Me?" I raise a brow.

"Relax I'm over you. You're still my best friend and the person closest to me though. As your childhood friend I KNOW you did not smell Arkle Spar Tow" Draco laughs.

"Fine. No cookies, Fred," I look away.

"Aha!" Draco jumps up.

"Did Luna and you have another bet?"

"There would need to be two sides for a bet Ash. I have no reason to disagree with the truth in front of me," Luna chirps.

"What do you smell Luna?" I ask.

"What do I not smell? Let's brew the potion," Luna smiles.

We finish brewing the potion without a hitch. The three of us were already smart, Draco was particularly good at potions. I take a vial of it and save it in my robes. I always thought it was a waste to throw away every potion we make. We get dismissed and make our way to dinner. I sit by Luna. The twins were in front of us. The others sit around us. After a while Axel joins us. Everyone kept calling him by the wrong name. It was pretty funny but I wanted him to feel more welcomed.

"Pass the bread huh, Actual," Fred scowls.

Axel hugs me closer to him and passes the bread. It feels hostile. I cross one leg over his and pat his side. He breaks out of his staring contest with Fred and smiles at me. He was really handsome. Fred glares at him one last time and goes back to eating though I'm not sure how with his jaw saw tightly clenched.

"Why don't you tell us more about yourself Apple," Ron reaches for another piece of chicken.

"I play guitar, I'm a half-blood, I also paint a lot," Axel thinks.

"Oh we should paint together," I say.

"Alright Monday after lunch."

"Is this the great Shackle Mar Brow?" Draco slides in between me and Axel.

"Draco," I warn.

"Relax I'm just about to leave. I wanted to introduce myself. Hi I'm Ash's childhood friend, best friend, and we used to date, nice to meet you," Draco smiles.

"Seems like you know who I am. Axel Vargough, Ash's CURRENT date," Axel says.

"Currently, not for long though," Fred says.