First Task

The week passes and I haven't talked to the twins at all. I started to miss them but every time I thought about what Fred said my will to avoid them strengthened. I even created a spell that notifies me when they enter a room so I can avoid them extra well.

Fred's pov:

"Why are you mad at her?" George asks.

"She knew we needed the money for our joke shop and instead of helping us she's doing it herself," Fred says.

"We both know she didn't willingly enter," George stares at Fred.

"Well, I'm sure she's enjoying it. Every time I see her she's being asked out by someone. Probably glad she doesn't have us by her side so she can talk to other people," Fred grunts.

"So you aren't talking to the girl you fell in love with because you're insecure and jealous?"

"What? No."

"This is Ash. The same one who made you laugh when even I couldn't. The same Ash that you used to talk about every night. As annoying as it was I'd rather that than this. I would have chosen Ash's side if she wasn't avoiding us and all our friends."

"She's not avoiding Wood."

"And?"

"You know Wood has a thing for her," Fred glares.

"I do. You also have a thing for her though. She's about to risk her life. I don't know about you but I'm going to wish her luck," George gets up to leave.

I should go too. She's my best friend and I didn't even know why I was still avoiding her. She was avoiding me too though. I knew it wasn't a coincidence that I would see her leaving the room as soon as I entered it. I get up to follow George.

"Not so fast. If you're going to go let me go first. We both know she has some sort of charm to avoid you."

I walk into the great hall. It was dinner time. It looks like George wasn't very successful with Ash. She was clearly ignoring him. I stand up on table and announce to the entire great hall.

"Viviana Antashia Silver-Ruse Celliumtru Blue, I am sorry for being a dunce. I want you to stop ignoring me and I want to stop ignoring you. I miss you please forgive me Ash," I yell.

She looks at me. She hasn't looked at me in weeks. My herat skip a beat. I really missed her. She turns away as if my whole display hadn't happened. She turns away and goes back to eating. She wasn't embarrassed or mad she just ignored me. I run over to her and see her flick a hand in my direction. I start walking back. Involuntarily of course. She created a new charm and cast it with her dumb wandless magic just so I wouldn't talk to her. I hate her but only because I love her so much.

Ash's POV:

George comes running up to me. I ignored them a week ago but tomorrow was the first task. I turn to walk the other direction.

"I'm so sorry. I believe you, you know. I always did and I'm so sory my brother is stupid," George calls after me.

"Thanks George," I stop.

"I wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow and I want to go back to being friends with you," George says.

"I'd like that. Thank you for the luck too. I'm really nervous for tomorrow. Anything could happen," I shrug.

"I'm sure you'll do fine. I'll be waiting for you right after you win...with Fred?"

"Not Fred."

"He'll realise he's being a dunce soon enough. Give him a chance?"