Quidditch Cup

The month passes and I'm back with the Weasley's. It was fun like always. Charlie wasn't here either, my sister asked me if she could come if Charlie was. We were going to go to a quidditch match, the world cup.

It was busy and when we got there and entered the tent I was nothing short of flabbergasted. The inside was huge. I spent my whole life as a wizard and would never understand how the Weasley were poor. They are wizards, aren't they? My family transfigured an old shed into a mansion. My mother's family did the same to make their castle.

Even this tent seemed more spacious than the Weasley house.

As soon as we get to the venue I go back to find a place to sleep. They woke me up ridiculously early to touch a port key with the Diggory's. The others were too excited about the game to join me. Watching a game has never interested me. I didn't really care enough about quidditch to learn plays or techniques. I was just gifted in it and Oliver liked talking about it. Draco also had a love for quidditch that made him practice a lot. I had to be his practice partner. That is the full extent of my quidditch knowledge.

I wake up after a while and find the twins making a bet with Mr.Bagman. My dad works with him. Don't trust him.

"Bet with someone else. Don't give that crook your money," I whisper in Fred's ear.

"Looks like someone's up. George, scrap the bet, let's show Ash around. Mum would be mad anyway," Fred puts his hands on my shoulders and smiles at his brother.

"Alright, Freddie," George puts the galleons back into his pocket hesitantly.

We walk away and George whispers to us, "I'm confident we would've won the bet."

"I'm just as confident that it wouldn't matter to Bagman either way. Once you gave him your galleons, they're gone. My father once trusted him with 3000 galleons and he gambled it away. It was supposed to be for a medical center. Dad took his first born in return but now we know not to trust him."

"I trust Ash. Let's bet with someone else," Fred stands again.

"Better hurry. Games about to start," George eyes the crowd.

"Who do you think will win?" I ask.

"Ireland. But Krum will get the snitch," George says.

"Then we'll bet with someone who doesn't like Ireland. Basically, anyone not wearing green. I can cast a spell to see if they can be trusted," I say.

"Isn't that cheating?" Fred asks.

"You're adorable. It's the opposite of cheating really. We are gambling your money on the game. I am not a seer. Maybe your guess is wrong. I refuse to gamble your money on if a crook will return it. Though, I believe your bet to be right. I believe in you two," I smile.

We get to work and bet the twin's life savings on a match.

We take our seats as the match starts. I sit between Fred and George. I'm fully immersed in the game when One of Ireland's chasers gets pummeled by a beater.

"Oí! Are you just gonna take that! Get up! Pathetic honestly," I huff out.

Fred had done almost the exact same thing as me and when I sit back down he and I look at each other and start laughing. We grabbed each other's arms and seemed unable to stop. Once we finally calm down I realize how close we are to each other. Inches apart. I could feel his breath on mine. I glance at his lips. He leans in slowly as he notices the position we're in. For some reason I wanted to kiss him. But he's my best friend. And so I looked away and went back to the game.

"What was that all about?" George smirks at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You and Freddiekin's over there. I saw that. Gazing into each other's eyes. Licking your lips. Why'd you stop it, hm?"

"Oh shove off. He's your brother and we're just friends," I roll my eyes.

As soon as the match ends and the twins go to collect their money a bunch of masked people show up and attack random wizards. We hadn't collected all the money yet but we were happy enough since they had more than when they started.

"Run to the forest!" Arthur yells.

Fred grabs my hand and we run to the forest. I trip. I trip. And then I trip again. I was clumsy but never this clumsy. I think of a spell and decide I should just make a new one. Clearly, my new clumsiness was magical. I create a quick-feet spell and antidote. I cast it and continue running behind Fred. Once we had gotten there I realized I had some sort of spell on me. I could feel it. It wasn't harmful. They tried to immobilize me so that they may have gotten me. It would've worked too if Fred wasn't holding my hand. He'd sooner drag me across the quidditch stands than let me be captured. It hurt like heck as the branches scratched my legs. It hurt but at least he wasn't leaving me behind. Something I appreciated.

"Ash you have a huge gash on your leg. We have to treat it. This was when you tripped, wasn't it? Oh, Ash," Fred looks at my bleeding leg.

"Tripped a few times. Which one did this you reckon?" I laugh, "Oh relax. I can heal my own wound."

"Fred and I also know some spells. Healing yourself isn't always safe," George says.

"It's safe when you're me. I know what I'm doing. Episkey. See. Episkey. Good as new," I smile at the two worried faces looking back.

"What about your other scratches?" Fred runs a finger over a few shallow cuts.

"They'll heal on their own, or I will heal them when we aren't hidden in a forest with a dark mark over our heads."

Minutes pass and Arthur comes back. He brings us back to the Burrow and relief surfaces as I count heads. Everyone was safe.

"He's back," Harry says.

"Voldemort?" I ask.

A few people sharply inhale at the name. Voldemort.

"That's impossible, and even if it weren't you kids are safer at Hogwarts. This year is going to be especially entertaining," Molly says.

"what do you mean?"

"Say hi to Charlie for us."

"You can't just say things like that and leave us hanging," I shake exasperated.

"Maybe we'll even see you there. We could meet your sister," Molly smiles.

"OK now you HAVE to tell us what's happening," I plead.