Draco

I meet the others at the infirmary. They were all surrounding Hermione. I also watched Hermione for a time before moving to Draco. I slip the tears into his mouth when no one's looking. After 5 minutes I start to realize it hadn't worked. As I turn around Draco grabs my arm.

"I just wanted to see how long you'd stare at me for," Draco chuckles.

I grabbed his face making sure this was really happening.

"Love?" Draco touches my hand.

I grab him and kiss him. Draco kisses back and sits up a bit more trying to lean into the kiss. He puts his hand on the back of my head and my waist. I break off the kiss and pull him into a hug.

"Draco. I thought I lost you for a second," I whisper in relief.

"I wouldn't leave you like that. I'm not a pathetic muggle afterall," Draco rolls his eyes but pulls my head off of him so that he can see my face. I blush.

"Ash, did you just kiss Malfoy?" Harry asks.

"Forget about that. How is Malfoy awake," George asks.

I see Fred retreat to watch over his sister. He cares about her a lot.

"Maybe the basilisk didn't mean to petrify him forever. It was only targeting Muggle borns after all," I tell.

"Maybe," Draco holds my hand and smiles up at me.

Madame Pomfrey comes in after we tell her about Draco's miraculous recovery. She tells us that he still has to stay overnight. For observation. I keep him company as we talk and play games. Wizards chess, cards, and other games that I had made or learned over the years. George and Ron stayed too. They wanted to keep watch over the petrified Hermione and injured Ginny. George also wanted to keep me company. The only thing he seemed to be unable to do was tell me where Fred was. I understood though it had been a long day.

As the night goes on we keep track of our wins and losses. Surprisingly I was losing. George and Draco were very competitive towards each other. Eventually it gets past curfew and George heads back to his dorms. I stay with Draco.

"You're shivering Ash," Draco raises an eyebrow.

"Ah, you're right. I'll cast a warming charm," I say, getting my wand out.

"No," Draco grabs me by the arm and waist bringing me onto the cot he was lying on, "a warming charm wasn't quite what I meant."

"I don't have time to play these games, Draco. I'm tired," I laugh.

"Good night then Ash," Draco hugs me closer.

I laugh some more and drift off into sleep. I wake up to Madame Pomfrey kicking me out of the hospital wing. I decided to go to my room. I took my first actual shower in a while. I had just been using a cleanliness charm for the past day. After I get dressed I head to the Great hall. Luna was sitting at the Gryffindor table so I join her. I sit between her and Fred.

"How's Hermione and Ginny?" I ask.

"Shouldn't you know Ash? Since you've been snogging the enemy in the infirmary," Ron says.

"So Draco's the enemy now?" I ask.

"He always has been Ash. Did you know what he called Hermione?"

"Yes, but I've known him before that. Remember? I made him apologize to Hermione for it."

"Yes Ash! I'm still shocked by that but you forget that just weeks after Draco cursed Hermione."

"Do all of you feel this way?" I ask.

I look around and see a few nods of agreement. A silent Fred and then a sympathetic Luna.

"I believe he does love you but Draco really isn't a great person. His heart isn't as true as yours. I just don't want you to get hurt," Luna whispers to me.

I find it sweet how they care so much so I try and reassure them: "He's just a boy. It's not like I'll let him ruin me."

"Trust me I wouldn't be able to ruin her if I tried," Draco comes up and hugs me from behind.

"Draco Malfoy? At the Gryffindor table? Lost are you?" Harry says.

"I don't think so. Good Morning love," Draco smiles at me.

I smile back "You need to do your part for Snape's assignment. We got an extension thanks to your...thing."

"You make it look like I had a party or something," Draco smirks.

"Oh come on, I saw you smiling."

"I was petrified!"

"Scared Malfoy?"

"Only of you Blue."

We banter back and forth like that laughing until I finish eating. As soon as I finish he takes my hand and makes me go to the library. I told him to finish Snape's assignment and he took that seriously I guess. He finishes it quite quickly and we just continue like normal. Dating Draco wasn't any different from how we were over the summer. Before however we usually left each other alone during school. Now we were more cuddly and inseparable. The days were going by quickly. We hadn't fought at all which was surprising to me. I was spending less and less time with the twins but Luna was usually quite comfortable with Draco.

It was almost a week after Hermione and the others had woken up. Ginny was feeling better weeks before.

"Unfortunate. I was hoping the muggle born would sleep longer," draco says.

I kick him under the table. We were sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Draco on my left and Fred on my right. Luna, Hermione, and George across.

"There's no need to include her blood status In your jokes."

"Oh come on love. You know I didn't mean it like that," he smiles at me.

I roll my eyes at him, "call her Hermione or Granger. That's it. Ok?"

"I apologize Granger. I'd never wish Ill upon my girlfriends best friend."

"Girlfriend" Fred scoffs.

"Well I appreciate the apology but as her best friend, it's basically my right to wish I'll upon you," Hermione says.

"Hmm I prefer Lovegood."

I talked to Dumbledore about a dueling club or even just a dueling event. In light of recent events, he was less reluctant to decline. So he agreed that next year we'd get a dueling club.

"Write to me. I promise I'll write back this year," I hug the twins goodbye for the summer. I realized Fred was avoiding me. For some reason he was hit the second hardest by me and Draco's relationship. Apparently it was unexpected. Ron took it especially hard. For no other reason except for "it should've been a certain someone else" and "not with a MALFOY". Harry took it a bit hard too but Draco had it out for him so I understand. Everyone else didn't really care, it's not like I was with Draco alllll the time.