Dates

Days pass and everything is back to normal. I couldn't figure out the egg. I was trying though. Harry and I spent a lot of time working together. Hermione and Luna helped a lot too. Draco of course helped me but refused to help Harry.

Fred's POV

"Just ask her little brother dear," George places a hand on my shoulder.

"What if she takes it the wrong way and it becomes awkward between us?" I worry.

"Come on. She and I stayed friends after our thing, we practice quidditch and talk regularly when we can. AND it's not awkward," Oliver adds.

"Then again, Spencer Wiffle, third year courtyard. Ollie here had just asked her out, Wiffle thought that was an invitation to put his hat in the drawing. What did Ash do?" Percy asks.

"That was different-" George says.

"Ah, first answer the question," Percy interrupts.

"She brutally rejected him..." I mumble.

"Warmer."

"She said, and I quote, 'you? Really you... I'm sure you already know Wood asked me. If I'm going to date anyone it's him. Not. Waffle? Was it? Yeah...no and don't ask again,'. It was a wondrous day for me," Oliver reminisces.

"You're right. I can't do it. I can't risk losing her," I look at my hands.

"No, I never said that. You're a Gryffindor mate, you've got to ask her to the ball in spite of her dropping a drink on your head," Percy says.

"I second that. I've rooted for you two since your first year. When I saw that my beater was fresh on the team and in love with a Ravenclaw. Only time I didn't want to believe you two were meant to be was when I fell for her. But since it's not me. I know it's you," Oliver smiles.

"Here that Freddie? ASK. HER. OUT." As friends, as lovers, as girl and boy for all I care. Just man up and do it," George smacks my back.

"I can get you her favorite flowers," Neville squeaks from behind us. I hadn't even noticed him.

"How do you know her favorite flowers?" I ask.

"Everyone does. Aconite? Right?" Oliver asks.

"Mhm," Neville nods.

I look around at George and Percy nodding as well.

"Then how did I not know?"

"Flowers don't come up in discussions. Her favorite flowers are kind of just Hogwarts gossip. Gossip you don't pay attention to," George shrugs, "though after the 20th bouquet she receives I thought you'd catch on."

"She told me in 2nd year when we were herbology partners," Neville says.

"How should I ask her? We don't exactly talk about our romantic lives," I frown.

"We've done it boys. Fred's asking Ash!" Oliver high-fives the others.

"...alright alright, how?"

"We could always ask-"

"Draco"

"Hermione"

"Luna"

"Ginny"

"Draco? Why him?" I ask.