Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor

Oliver and I were in the library. He was studying for his OWLs and I was too. No reason not to get more ahead, this way I was able to help Oliver with things he had trouble with too.

"I just don't understand why Amortentia is so dangerous," he sighs.

"Yes you do Oliver. You're just tired," I roll my eyes.

"Humor me then," Oliver puts his head on the desk.

"You can't force feelings of love, amortentia just gives off the illusion of obsession and infatuation, like how you are with quidditch. Only thing is after the spell is over they'll just end up resenting you," I prop Olivers head up.

"And what's so wrong about infatuation?"

"Alright you're clearly out of it, infatuation isn't love. Let's head down to the quidditch pitch. You could use a few rounds to clear your head," I push him out of his chair, he lands on the floor.

"If you hadn't just mentioned quidditch I'd be very upset about being pushed to the ground," Oliver follows me out.

"I'm surprised the twins aren't here. They follow you everywhere," Oliver walks beside me on the way to pick up our brooms.

"They don't follow me everywhere... only when I'm with you really. They avoid Malfoy and tend to not intrude when I'm with Luna, Hermione or Ginny. Everytime I say I'm going off with you the insist on tagging along though. They must admire their quidditch captain a lot," I smile at Oliver.

"I do not think that is the reason," Oliver laughs and puts an arm around my waist.

"I like it when you do that."

"Do what?"

"Nothing," I laugh.

"Are you excited about the game? Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw," Oliver asks.

I put an arm around his waist, "Curious about the outcome."

"You are an amazing chaser."

"And you're just as good of a keeper, I feel like it'll be a low scoring game. Depends on our seekers really," I get on my broom as Oliver get's on his.

"I heard the Slytherins are going to be training with you," Oliver rides closer to me.

I snort, "Yeah, Flint's got a thing for me. He knocked me off my broom twice and now he's under some delusion that he's got a chance with me. They're still pretty good so after some convincing from Draco I agreed and convinced Davies to train with them. They're nasty but we got in some pretty good practices, the rivalry was very real."

"You're always so calculating," Wood admires.

"It's what I love about quidditch, it's like life-sized chess. What do you love about quidditch?"

"I love quidditch because... well there's nothing not to love about it. The feeling I get when I'm on a broom or even while writing plays. Everything," Oliver smiles with a gleam in his eyes.

"What's it like being a quidditch captain?"

"Like all my dreams have come true. Like I can't let my team or myself down. Like everyone is watching my every move and I'm just quidditch," Oliver sighs.

"You couldn't let your team down if you tried they all believe and trust you. They look up to you Ollie," I pat his shoulder, "and your way more than a game."

"Ollie? We're onto nicknames now?"

"You know... Ash is a nickname too."

Oliver flashes a wide smile and just looks at me.