Mirror of erised

You look beautiful today Ash
-Grey

I look at the note, I found it outside the potions classroom after class.

"Um thanks," I say confused before tucking the note into my pocket. I usually threw them away but for some reason, I had a nagging feeling that I should keep this one.

"What's that?" Luna asks. I was waiting for her so we could walk to our next class.

"A note. I'll show you in Transfiguration," I sigh.

"Fred?"

"Not his handwriting."

"Oliver? Draco?"

"Nope Nope."

"Was it a positive note?" Luna asks.

"I suppose. It said I was beautiful but, it just felt off," I shrug.

"Did it have purple trim and silver lettering on good quality drawing paper?"

"...yeah actually," I smile in relief, Luna left the note.

"Well, they left you a few more," Luna says as we round the corner. McGonagalls door was plastered with 100 letters, all in the same envelope and lettering.

"Luna... what do I do?"

"Well what can we do? Let's start collecting them and then we can investigate after class," Luna perks up with an air that let me breathe again.

After class Luna and I walk to the Great Hall. I sit by Fred and Luna. Hermione sat in front of us with George.

"How're you preparing for the final task?" Hermione asks.

"Ill probably just brush up on a few spells and hope for the best," I answer.

"What's that in your pocket?" Fred nudges to an envelope peaking out of my pocket.

My blood runs cold. It was a green envelope this time. I didn't remember picking this up or even seeing it before Fred pointed it out. I must've crossed paths with whoever this is.

"Let's find out?" I hesitate.

"We're here for you," Luna picks up my bag in case I wanted to read the others first.

I take a deep breath and open it.

I've been watching you and I'll give you a chance to date me,
I'll admit it's hard to get you alone so these letters will have to do for now ;)
I have a surprise for you at the astronomy tower. Come after your discussion with McGonagall. See you soon Ash.
-Grey

"What kind of person would write this? Giving you a chance? I don't know why but it reads like a threat," Hermione squints at the letter.

"Yeah. Don't go to that tower alone," George scoots to get a closer look at the letter.

"George! How about don't go at all," Fred interrupts.

"Fred," I sigh.

"She has to," Luna frowns.

"...What aren't you telling me?" Fred asks.

"Go ahead Luna," I say.

She turns the backpack upside down and roughly 300 letters fall out.

"One from potions. 100 from transfigurations. And 200 from the hallway on the way here. I went my regular route. The one I use to avoid traffic with Luna. NO ONE uses it. It's twice as long and wraps around in unnecessary places. I found 50 letters in the secret passageways I use to get through it. We opened some on the way here. If that one read like a threat then these ones screamed threat. Whoever this is, they've been watching me. For a while," I purse my lips.