Second task

It was the day of the second task now.

"Ash," Luna wakes me up.

"Ugh yeah," I stir.

"Second task day. Do you have a swimsuit?"

"Yeah yeah, it's a blue and bronze one-piece. Ravenclaw, woo."

I look around the room, "Where's Cho?"

"McGonagall took her last night."

"Oh"

"Let's eat," Luna drags me out the door as soon as I put my swimsuit on under my robes.

It was a blue swimsuit with Bronze plates over my vital spots. I enchanted it so that it would be weightless. We make our way to the great hall. I look around for the twins, I only see George.

"Where's Fred?" I ask.

"McGonagall took him," George says.

"Oh?"

I finish eating and meet up with Harry and Cedric. I was beyond nervous and the one person I kind of wanted to see was nowhere to be found.

"You have one hour to retrieve the person you care about most from the bottom of the black lake or the spell wears off and they drown," Dumbledore announces.

The second task begins with a blow of a horn. Fred. I needed to save Fred, I know I did. I cast the spell as I jump into the water. I see Harry but I decide to go a different way. After 30 minutes I find Fred and Hermione and Cho and Ron and Fleur's sister all tied up by seaweed and surrounded by merpeople. I use a cutting charm to cut him free from the seaweed. I tried to avoid the merpeople entirely. It didn't work. As Fred starts floating upwards the merpeople surround me. I see Harry make his way toward Ron. I was distracting the merpeople for him. I try and hold them off. Harry glances at me as he frees the other champions. Cedric comes in and releases Cho, he swims up. Fred had reached the surface by now. I fight three of them off but more kept coming. I create a cage for 5 merpeople. It wasn't enough. Then random merpeople were starting to be bound. I look up and find Fred with a bubble over his mouth trying to use petricicous totalus on as many merpeople as he could. He just spent 40 minutes underwater. He shouldn't be doing this. I cast a stunning charm on all the merpeople at once and try to swim back up. I caged a few other merpeople as I swam up. I could see Fred trying to come back underwater to save me. My spells never really worked for people who weren't myself so I wasn't sure if it would last the full hour or even 10 minutes. I stop caging merpeople and try to speed up my swimming so Fred doesn't come any closer. He was going to run out of air I knew he would. A merperson grabs onto my leg and starts dragging me down. I cast a charm to lose it, the merperson falls back to the bottom of the lake. I struggle to go back up when my air bubble gives out. One hour was up. Fred makes his way to me faster when I see his air bubble give out.

"Go," I yell.

He looks at me. Trying to figure out what to do. I plead him to turn back with my eyes. I couldn't waste anymore air. He seems to get the message and hurries back up. Another merperson grabs me. I use non-verbal magic to get it off of me. My lungs burn as I try to swim back up. Fred comes back down to get me with a new bubble. The bubble spell I made was only ever meant for verbal use. I couldn't use it now. My vision darkens as three more mer people chase after me. I wade to try and get up. Fred grabs me as I start choking on the water. It burns. He pulls me into a kiss or rather the opposite of one as air floods my lungs. It's still foggy and hard to focus but it's better. After we make it a certain distance to the surface the merpeople fall back.

Just as I was about to blink out of consciousness we burst out of the water. A few wizards come over to fetch us.

I collapse onto the ground as Fred runs over to me. I start coughing furiously. My lungs burned and my eyes were blurry. I was clutching my throat and Fred was patting my back. After a few minutes of trying to catch my breath I turn and hug Fred's neck.