Revenge

Eventually class started. It was all pretty basic. I was a Ravenclaw so Snape's class wasn't torture like for the Gryffindors or easy like the Slytherins. Defense against the dark arts was starting to become my favorite class. Professor Lupin was a great teacher. All the other classes were normal as well. As soon as I was able to see Dumbledore I made him move up the day that my dueling club could be properly established. McGonagall approved of this too. During our weekly sessions she agreed that knowing how to defend ourselves was invaluable. She also liked the direction I was going. Dumbledore approved it and said I could use the great hall once or twice a week for my club. I handed out the fliers and Flinch announced it during dinner. I was a Ravenclaw afterall. This club would represent me and my house. The first day of my club would be after Hufflepuff/ Slytherin tryouts. Until then I poured myself into perfecting the patronous charm. Lupin agreed to teach it to me and agreed to helping out with my club.
Soon enough Ravenclaw/ Gryffindor quidditch try-out day started. I had met with Ginny, Hermione, and Luna to finally set up the prank.

The twins had been on edge for around 2 months now. They even pranked less in anticipation of my prank. After the first month though they thought I had given up or forgotten about it. I wish I could have pranked them sooner but public humiliation was key so I had to bide my time. Revenge was best served cold anyways. The twins were sitting at the Gryffindor table. Ginny and Hermione were already there by the time Luna and I arrived.

"I've slipped the bombs into their chicken," Ginny whispered to me.

Hermione and I were going to cast the spell I made so that the thought boxes would pop up. We wanted to do it as soon as the Confetti bombs exploded. The thought bubbles would automatically say random things. The most embarrassing thing to think about in that situation. Of course, it wasn't perfect but I had classes to get to. I couldn't control the bubbles all day.

Hermione and I watch as George digs into his food. Fred didn't seem like he was going to but they were close enough that it would work with only one explosion.

"Cogitlin sudry," Hermione and I cast as the twins jump up. Everyone was looking at them now. The loud sound and confetti still in the air made it hard to miss. Above their heads was a  thought bubble. Fred's said, "I hope no one heard that fart." and George's said, "I just hope no one smelt it."

The twins look at each other reading their thought bubbles. They stare at each other and adjust their glare at me. I just shrugged. Their thought bubbles changed to say "That Hufflepuff girl is really cute," and "I've got something stuck in my teeth."

I laugh as they grumble and go back to their food. Fred sets off the second confetti bomb. The twins don't even look jump in surprise this time.

"Touche Ash. Touche," Fred looks at me.

"See you later," I smile as Luna and I go to Transfiguration. The day passes quickly and it was finally time for quidditch tryouts. I got there early. The captains and a few eager recruits were waiting too. I would have gotten there late if I didn't want to see the twins. I go over to talk to Oliver.

"Hey Wood. Seen the twins," I grin.

"Not recently but I do remember seeing them in the halls earlier. George looked like he was thinking of grapes," Oliver laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"How ever do you look like you're thinking of grapes?" I ask innocently.

"Well here they come now," Oliver laughs, not buying my act.

Their thought bubbles change as soon as they enter the quidditch pitch. Fred's changes to "Oliver looks so kissable," and George's changes to "Woah Oliver got hot this summer,"

"Uh, those aren't actually their thoughts are they?" Oliver whispers.

"I don't know, are they? They aren't wrong," I wink.

Oliver laughs. The twins look up at each other's bubbles to read what they said now. They walk faster toward us unamused.

"Oi come on now Ash. Pranks are supposed to be funny. Did you know today in potions class my little thought bubble said that I smelt Snape in my amortentia? I am so very sorry Ash. Please you have to reverse it," George pleaded.

"No can do, it's a 24-hour spell George. I haven't made a counter-spell yet. I don't think I will either," I smile.

"You made this spell? Bloody that's impressive," Oliver nods in approval.

"Yeah I'm kind of good at everything," I say.

"And humble too," Fred scoffs.

"You know I was just about to reverse the spell but after that comment, Fred. I think I could extend the spell instead. Unless you convince me otherwise," I raise a brow.

"Fine, I'll bite. Oh please may the all-powerful Ash do me the mercy of lifting this curse. 10 Hufflepuff girls have asked me out today alone. My thought bubble is insistent on the phrase, 'that Hufflepuff girl is really cute," Fred jokes, he knows this prank is going to play out no matter what he says.

"Oh poor you. And how many of the dates did you accept? 2? 5? 9? All 10?" I smile.

"Please, who do you think I am. 6 is my lucky number," Fred smirks.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be off to my try-outs. Good luck with these two Wood," I walk towards my team.

"Reckon you'll make the team this year?" Roger Davies jokes.

"Oh please, I reckon I could take your captaincy if I wanted," I gloat.

"Let's not get a big head now. Though between you and me, I reckon you could too. As a Ravenclaw, I should give my captaincy to you, better for the team, but as a-," Davies goes on.

"Relax relax, as much as I love quidditch you love it more. More your passion than it is mine. When you're gone in my 4th year though..." I smile.

Davies laughs and try-outs begin. They go without a hitch with the occasional laugh from the people in the stands at the comments above the twin's head. Each time the stands erupted in laughter they would read their new message and glare in my direction. Finally, the try-outs were over. Oliver and Davies stayed behind to make their decisions.

"Blue, stay behind. I could use your help picking a new keeper," Davies called.

"Alright alright, just gotta make fun of the twins one last time."

"Gotta say, Ash, you've outdone yourself," George surrenders.

"Really? You didn't think that was it did you? That was just part 4. You do realize how many pranks you did without me right," I smile.

It was an outright lie but I couldn't have them too at ease.

"If there's more we might just have to call a prank war on you," Fred laughs.

"You'd lose. If you really want that go ahead. You might end up in St.Mungos though."

"Fiesty are you? Come on George we better run before she throws us off the astronomy tower."

I roll my eyes at them and turn to help Davies make his selection. He was talking to Oliver.

"Clearly the Hollyhead Harpies would-" Davies stops as he sees me, "Finally! Took you long enough. Alright, keepers."

"Doesn't really matter who we pick, Wood's the best keeper there is," I smirk at Oliver who was still standing there.

"Like hell, it doesn't matter. We are going to win the cup this year," Davies digs through more papers and notes.

Oliver scoffs I shove his shoulder and push him out of our conversation. As I was pushing him away I described the sportsmanship of the quidditch handbook. Oliver just raised his arms in defeat and walked off chuckling to himself. I rush back to Davies.

"You and Wood huh?"

"Davies."

"Alright alright. As you can see this boy had amazing reach but that's the thing. He only reaches and never actually moves to block the goal. And this girl just..." Davies Rambles.