1 | Waffle and Croissant

(Selena's POV)

"Dad?. . ." I murmur.

He looks back at me, blood filled all over his mouth as a gun is pointed at his head. I can't move, his tears roll down his face as he watches me, two men in black standing on top of his head, holding him down by pushing his hands up, backwards.

I feel all the color leave my body and my heart goes wild. I try to reach my hand out and help but his words. . . make me weak. . . the way he looks at me. . . the sadness in his eyes. . . trying to shove down their fear and show me his love. Trying to soothe me when he is the one who is getting hurt. . .

"Run kitten. . ." His last words. . . while I lose everything, those are the last words I heard from him.

I try to yell. To let out a shout. To call for help. Even to whisper. Yet nothing. Just like everytime, someone is keeping me away, a blurred face which I always can't recognize nor remember. I can only see my dad's blood all over the place. I'm horrified, trying to yell and plead but they do nothing, they simply watch me trying while I watch my dad drift away from my sight, from my life, from me and I. . . just sit there, weak and helpless.

"No!" I jolt up in my bed.

Another dream. I've been having those dreams since I was a kid, I wish it was only a dream though. . . I get up from bed and look myself in the mirror, I have hurt myself in my sleep again. I do that every time I have that dream.

"Selena!" My friend Mali calls me.

Mali is my roommate and my only friend. She has been with me since I can't even remember. She has helped me a lot in life and without her I don't think I would have made it this far even though we fight a lot, like a dog and a cat.

She is a very beautiful woman, she is a model after all. She is quite tall and has an elegant, skinny figure, white smooth skin and blue eyes. Her hair is blonde and she always has a way to style it, she has been a trend setter for two years, has quite the influence on young people in the internet.

"You'll be late!!" She informs.

"And you'll eat all my waffles!" I joke.

She laughs out loud and agrees to that. I look at the clock and realize I still have a little time to get ready and eat. I sit on the chair and start pulling my hair up in a ponytail, I fill myself with perfume and I'm ready to go.

I walk downstairs to Mali and grab a waffle from her plate. She hits my hand and scolds me but I got away fast and she didn't catch my hand.

"Sorry!" I reply as I exit the house.

She shakes her head as if she is used to this and lets me go with no harm or morning fight. I blew a kiss at her direction before I finally enter a taxi and leave. Waffles are the best by the way!

●●●

(Leonardo's POV)

"MrHernandez!" One raises his voice at me.

I look at his direction and give him a side smile. I pull my gun out and shot him in the head. All the others in the room tremble in fear and gulp down their sweats, no one speaks.

The two laying bodies behind me is what is keeping them from doing so. They all sit there in silence and waiting for my orders. I start eating my croissant and do not even glance at them.

"Thank God, we have finally some peace, I couldn't eat with so much noise." I grin at them as I gulp down my delicious croissant. Why are people so loud first thing in the morning?