31 | I'll save my loved ones

(3rd pov)

Catarina takes a few deep breaths before entering the court. She has been so distracted with everything going on back home that she totally forgot she has a life to catch up too.

She knew that if she failed this, her whole career would be over and then her dad... would win and she'll have too... she didn't even want to think about that.

She clenched into her bag firmly and exhaled. Just as the police officer brought in the one she is trying to save she was ready to enter the court and woo them with her skills.

The case she has on is about a woman who has been repeatedly beaten by her husband and she finally decided to speak up. She was so scared when she first told Catarina and she really begged her to make him rot in jail or else she would get an invitation on her funeral.

That's mostly why Catarina has to win. This woman came to her for help and opened up about such a thing which a lot of people don't and to loose would be a disaster.

"Are you ready?" Catarina put her palm on the woman'a shaking shoulder.

"N-no. A-are you?" The woman asked her.

Catarina nodded.

"L-let's go." The woman said.

Catarina nodded again and they went inside together. Ready to face the wrath of a man who thinks he has been called her unfairly and needs to be justified. And of course face the people, the chef justice and eight associate justices.

[...]

(Alice's pov)

Aless and I got out that building without any troubles but I don't think we'll make it far. Aless is bleeding and I am too. No matter what we can't stop the haemorrage.

Aless has been puffing a lot and his temperature is rising. With one hand he is holding me and himself on me and with the other he is covering his wounds. We have embraced each other shoulder by shoulder and held there tightly.

Our clothes ripped and filled with blood. If we can even call clothes what I have on. Because we were on poor clothes or half clothes, we both were freezing to death.

"A-A-A-Aless... h-h-hold o-o-o-on... w-w-we-e... w-we'll m-mak..." No. I need to speak. I can't let my eyes close.

"Alice..." He calls out.

"I-I-I'm... o-o-o-okay..." I reply.

He sighs.

Its so cold that I can even see the air coming out of his mouth and mine. Did Leon really believe we are on a trip? Is he that dumb? Is he that lovestruck? Where is he right now? I hope that whatever he is doing he chokes on! Fucking betrayer.

[...]

(Selena's pov)

"Do you like me?" I ask him.

Now me being the one closing the distance. I raise my feet and put my foot in the door behind and this time become the one to close the distance by wrapping my hands around his neck.

I tell myself not to start going crazy and over think just relax and play it cool and play the player.

"That trick doesn't work on me, Selena." He says shrugging my arms off rudely.