57 | Aless's sacrifice

(Leonardo's POV)

I enter the room with a yawn over my mouth. What happened today has not escaped my head but I need to rest a little to think more clearly. Yet before I do that I would like to say. . . goodnight to a woman that is not in her room. . . is she taking a bath? I'm not hearing any showers. Also the bathroom light is closed and there is only one bathroom in this house which I was on five minutes ago, so unless she has turned a ghost, she isn't there. Yet I haven't seen her around the house. At all.

"Leon, have you seen Aless?" Alice asks me.

I turn over at her and raise a brow. "Aless is missing too."

"Yes, I have been trying to find him yet he doesn't even—wait, too? Who else?" She asks me.

I point at Selena's room, she pops her head over my shoulder and sees that there is no one in the room. "Last time I spoke with Aless he said he wanted to apologize for. . . intruding so he left to speak with Selena after that I got engaged in a conversation with everyone else that I lost track of time and of him. . . apparently. But where would he go? He goes nowhere without letting me no? And he goes nowhere with his phone closed. I'm starting to worry, if I'm being honest."

"I'd like to reassure you but I feel the same." I respond. "They both aren't people that would just vanish like that. I fear. . ." I look at the broken window. "Someone may have caused a ruckus or grabbed a few people from our home."

She realizes. "Do you think—"

Zamira rushes downstairs, putting her gun around her waist vest and wrapping her shoes over her legs quickly. I express my confusion and she gives a simple answer if she was called down to the station. It seems they have not told her why since she is rushing off like that. It must be hard to do her job, waking up at night like that. Night sleep is the most important of all, especially for someone's face. "Should we try and look outside before jumping to conclusions?" I suggest.

"Yes. Lets do that."

●●●

(Selena's POV)

"Are you mad?! What are you even trying to suggest! That is crazy and clearly something I will not stand for. We both know that if Leo knew he wouldn't either! No. Absolutely, no. We are gone think of something else and we are gone get everyone out of trouble and keep her inside the jail without causing any problems or any. . . awakening from the criminals inside." Although as I spout the words out I sound so ridiculous because honestly there is no way out. "Besides, you are the only one Alice has left, think of her. You two are to be wed! You cannot leave her right now. She lost everyone, you are her last person!"

He lowers his head. "She'll find someone better."

"There is no one better! She is in love with you! Don't be ridiculous!" I argue.

"I'm sure there is someone out there who'll share the same interest as hers and grasp her attention. I'm not even bringing this up to discuss it, I have decided so." He protests.

"Me neither." I respond. "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. That is not an option. Lets get our heads to work and find something out. I'm glad I have someone with me, so that I'm not the only one driving myself crazy to find an answer! Let's sit and talk it out together."

He shakes his head. His eyes flatter and his fingers tremble. He sees there is no other way out. There must be a sacrifice. Someone must sacrifice themself to ruin her plan and keep her inside jail just as she was meant too. He has realized I also know that, I fear he has also seen my desperation. I'm not quite good when it comes to hiding feelings. I'm more well at openly expressing them with my faces rather than hiding them deep inside of me. He seems like that kind of a person too. He grabs a glass from the table, together with a water bottle that stands close by and he fills the glass only to empty it a moment later.