18 | Better than me

(Selena's pov)

"Why didn't you tell me you have a brother?" I ask Alice.

"I didm't find it necessary. Besides... I thought since he had settled in his life in the US he wouldn't be coming back." She explains.

"Why ask?" She questions.

Cause he is incredibly hot and I feel like everytime I see him I fly up in the sky and become an angel by his side or have dreams walking down the isle with him smiling over at me and repeating those same words... how could I forget such a beautiful woman...

"Nothing particular. Just curious." Like hell I'll tell her I am obsessed with her brother.

"Oh... thought you liked him." She teases.

"Me? Pfft! Never!" This girl is a liar.

We walk down the stairs together and in front of us pass Leonardo together with Alice's brother, they both glance at us and I stare Matteo, totally ignoring Leonardo. He smiles at me and then goes back to talking business with Leonardo.

[...]

(Selena's pov)

I will start counting how many times a day Leonardo calls me at his office. Seriously, can't his day pass without calling me on his office or something? Does he loves annoying me that much? God. I hate him so much.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door, he lets me in and points at me to sit before speaking. He grabs his phone and talks with a woman in Italian. I sit there uncomfortably waiting for him to be done.

I play with my skirt and bite my lip because of the anxiety his eyes were giving at me while burning on me. I try not to make it more bad than it is but can it get worse? I wanna poke his eyes out!!

He closes the phone and puts it down. Crosses his hands on his chest and lays back on his chair, sighing, tired of everything he must have done till now. It must be difficult to be a mafia too. Especially in disguise one.

"You like Matteo?" WHAT.

"W-w-what?..." I stutter out.

"I saw the way you looked at him." He says.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" I raise my voice slightly.

"Just asking." He shrugs his shoulders.

I do not answer. I close my mouth and give him the silent treatment meaning its not his business and he shouldn't butt in, in it. Lets not forget that he and I are in a fake marriage so me liking another guy isn't cheating or anything bad.

"Anyways. You'll have to drop by the company tomorrow, so that people see what a lovely couple we are." He says.

"Ok." I reply.

"Dress nicely." He adds.

I nod.

"Wear make up yet not much." He continues.

I look at him offended.

"Try not to look ugly on pictures." I'm sorry? What?

"I do not look ugly on pictures." I respond sharply.

"I know better than you." I wanna smash his head. Arsehead!