43 | She is a cop

(Leonardo's POV)

Just as I made my way close to the gate Kalien had already pointed his gun at her. I hid behind a bush and waited to see where it would lead. He would never shoot someone without asking first and I want to see how she will handle it. The moment I see he does something though I'll march forward. I'm just curious what will she do. Aless calls me but I shush him and pull him beside me, Alice follows after him. "What are we doing?" He murmurs.

"We are watching Kalien against Selena." I reply.

"He'll kill her!" Alice exclaims.

"No." I won't let him. "Kalien is a bloodsucker yet he would never kill someone I may find interesting."

"Are you admitting something?" Aless smirks.

"Shut up." I push him away.

"Kalien is a bloodsucker, he won't find her interesting enough for you." Alice said. "He never finds anyone interesting."

"Oh, he will." I grin.

"How are you so sure?" She squeaked worried.

"She called me a coward."

"What?!" They both exclaimed quietly.

I twisted my tongue inside my mouth, on my right cheek and wrapped my arms over my chest. Instead of being offended by the fact that she called me coward. . . I'm proud that she did so. It shows her guts and how much I have lost my head with that girl. "She thinks I sent Kelian to finish her off because I can't do it."

"Why would you-she revealed herself?!" Alice exclaimed.

I nodded.

"She is brave." Aless said open-mouthed.

I know. That's the whole reason I wanna see what she will do. How much will her bravery last? All this time we have went through things together but she still doesn't trust me? That bothers me a lot. Besides what kind of a woman is she if she goes back on her promise. Yet another side in my chest tells me that she won't back off. I don't know what that girl has done to me, if any witchcraft or not but I'm going feral by how many times I think about her and what her next move will be. She is such. . . a surprise and sometimes. . . a bomb that I don't know how to shut down. I lean forward to listen more and Aless with Alice do the same, I feel their breath over my ear and I push them off yet they come right back. "Back off, will ya?!"

"Can't hear!"

"I don't care! Hush away!"

"No!" They both say.

I roll my eyes.

●●●

(Selena's POV)

Maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud. This man seems even more furious now and even more ready to murder me. My fear for weapons is still there even though not much since Alice helped me quite a lot with training me about it that I have overcome it a little. Yet being in the same place that I saw my. . . father. . . it bring back painful memories that I don't wish to rehappen. I tremble as he becomes more furious. He demands answers from me but there aren't much I can give.

"I'm MsEmma's caretaker! I swear!" I will not make the stupid decision to reveal myself for a second time, especially not to a maniac like this that knew how to handle a gun since he was five.

"Why are you running off than? Did something happen. . ." It's clear what he means. I don't believe you.

"No. I just. . ." Dammit. What am I gone do?! He is gone kill me?! Why did I run away from one murder and fell upon another one?! Why is my luck so bad!!?