44 | Leonardo's weakness

(THIRD POV)

She entered the room where he stood and as she uncovered the blanket everything hurt more than it has ever before. She couldn't contain her tears and her confusion. Who would do that and why to him? She made sure to keep him safe how could anyone get there and do that? Why. . . She shaked, trembled, feared. Her legs couldn't keep her anymore therefore she fell down on her knees crying besides the bed of the dead. Her screams echoed through the rooms and she couldn't keep them down.

The nurse standing beside her closed the door and gave her some time alone. She informed the family standing outside to give her a minute with him and that she'll need it a lot, they nodded and awaited for her to come outside. The screams entered their ears and made them cry even more. Her grandmother pained upon hearing her granddaughter's screams. Her heart ached and burned with pain even more.

The tears burned her and her grandson's cheeks while her granddaughter couldn't even breath. They all fell down without being able to regain themselves. The pain became unbearable to all through and no one could save them now. She stared at the man again and she couldn't believe her eyes. She begged for him to wake up but he never did. He never even nudged a finger. Ever again. No matter how much she wished and pleaded. He was dead.

●●●

(Selena's POV)

Damian made his way inside. I got up fast, stumbling on my bleeding leg and he came rushing to help. He grasped me from my shoulders and wrapped my arm over his neck. He held into me and I grasped into him, he put me down to one of the couches-one not filled with blood or ruined. He ripped a part of his shirt and started wrapping it around my leg. He glanced up at me and than back at my leg as he carefully stopped the bleeding.

I gazed at him and thanked him quietly. Yet he gave me a hand and helped me up for us to move out of here. "Your plan isn't much of a genius. Zamira would understand faster than you could blink." He says.

"Why do you think so?" I didn't try to hide it from him since he surely has been here for quite a while and he did see me shooting myself.

"Because she isn't dumb. You taking him out of jail and given the second chance you still haven't brought anything home and you answer no calls. You may be a cop and you may have an ulterior motive for finding your father's-I'm sorry," He looked away. "Zamira has opened up to me about it, I'm not sure whether you wish to talk about that."

"It's alright." I murmur.

He nods. "Yes. Alright, well as I was saying, you may have big motives but you are also a woman and he has the looks."

"I'm not that naive."

"I didn't say you were. Anyone gets swayed by that face." He laughed.

"Are you talking from experience?" I joke.

"No. Lord, no. I hate that man more than anyone can ever but I won't deny he has the face. I have always told him that." He responded.

"Why do you hate him so much?" I ask.

He has done a lot of things from what I know but as the time passed I got to learn also that he doesn't kills people without motives. There is always something behind it, not that it excuses the fact that he still takes lives away from people. He has no right on that but I wonder whether he has ever done something to Damian or his family. . . that would be a very good reason to loath him so much.