40 | The night

(THIRD POV)

• Long time ago •

The girl stared one last time at the gates outside the school before entering. Clenching into her backpack hard and not letting go. She was used to moving around with her parents but she heard them say this move will be their last one and she had to make a good begining here so that she could make a lot of friends.

She also worried about all the studies she'll have to follow and go through to keep up the grades which helped her join this school in the first place. Of course she didn't let that discourage her, she kept a big smile over her lips showing her teeth to everyone around.

Meanwhile the blonde cheerleader of the school hoped around inside her mother's office waiting for the new girl. She felt that she would make a very good friendship with this girl, she had a feeling and she never let go of her feelings. Once she had something said she'd obtain it always.

She begged her mother not to embarrass her in front of the new girl and even pleaded to somehow make them friends. Rachel took a deep breath as the girl came inside the office, she held her posture straight and saw the girl who averted eye contact at all cost.

"Hello, MsCalebs! Welcome to our school!" The principal smiled to the girl.

"Yes, good morning!" She replied shyly.

"I am assigned to give you your program and assign someone to tour you around." She explained. "Unfortunately for you my dear," She joked. "My daughter here will be your tour. I hope you make it to class on time."

"Mom!" Rachel responded.

"What? Like it isn't true. You have been here all your life and still confuse around!" She received a scolding.

Rachel rolled her eyes and hoped up, linking her arm with the girl's. She started dragging her out not allowing her mother to say any other lousy embarrassing word and make her a total crap in front of the her new friend. Rachel was loved by the whole school, she wasn't mean and full of herself like in the movies, she was sweet and cared about everyone. They all were friends here.

Rachel wrapped her arm around
girl's shoulder and laughed. "You'll do great and so will I!" She yelled.

"I'm Rachel by the way, nice to meet you. . ." She trailed off.

"Zamira." The girl replied.

"Nice name!" She complimented her. "Zamira, let's get you to your classes now." She couldn't contain her happiness.

●●●

• Present Time •

(Selena's POV)

"So, what can I help you with?" I asked him.

He got up and changed his posture over my bed, now sitting on it. He patted the space next to him for me to sit there and I did so. I must not show the fact that I feel scared at the moment. I feel my head going back to the moment where I told him about the married couple thing and I feel like he is tricking me into something now. I do not quite get my mind to what he may be thinking but I need to act smart.

He reveals nothing upon his features and that poker smile only makes me more stressed than I should be. I raise my eyes into his and hold my ground. "About time you talk." I say.

"Sorry, got carried away." What?. . .

"Well," He cleared his throat. "You told me today, something about us being married and all that." All that? He acts like I made a whole speech about it. "And now that I am thinking about it," He paused. "I had completely forgotten we were married. Maybe, it was because we simply made it real only on papers."