PANDU'S DEATH

Raising a hundred children is not an easy task. It was a challenge for The kuru Clan to raise them. But everyone's heart was filled with joy. Sathyavathi was their favorite, to escape from the scolding Kauravas always hide behind her. However, Duryodhana was Dhritarashtra's favorite son. He loved all his sons equally. But still, Duryodhana holds a special place in his heart. And Dhusala, of course, is the only princess of Hasthinapur. She was the favorite child of all. 

Duryodhana spent most of his time with his Maternal uncle Shakuni. Shakuni loved him with all of his heart. He wanted Duryodhana to ascend the throne after Dhritarashtra. Every day he takes Duryodhana to the throne room and shows him the throne "My dear Duryodhana after your father you will sit on the throne. You will be the Maharaj of Hasthinapur. You should do good for your people. You should take care of your kingdom. You should be a warrior."

Meanwhile, Pandu raised his sons in the forest. Though they did not raise in luxury like Kauravas, they were also raised with love from their parents. Pandu taught them all the things that a prince must know. "Remember all four of you must be the strength of your elder brother Yudhistra. When he ascended the throne. You all must stay by his side. You five should never be apart my dears."  he taught them this every day.

One day Sathyavathi's heart wanted to see Pandu and her great-grandchildren. She told this to Dhritarashtra and Bhishma. Dhritarashtra also wished to see him, he arranged for her journey and he also sent Vidura along with her to get Pandu and his family back to Hastinapur. 

In the forest, Madri was preparing lunch for all while the kids were playing outside. She was preparing Ladoo. When she look at the plate she noticed some of the ladoos were missing. She smiled because she knows who took it. She stood and left the hut. Bheema who is hiding near the window entered the hut and steal another ladoo and got caught red-handed by Madri. She caught his ears and said, "Bheema what did I tell you before? Now see because of you there are not enough ladoos for all of us." With puppy eyes, he told her, "Ma, it is your fault. Because you make the best ladoos in the world. So I can't control myself." Madri started laughing. She stroked his hair lovingly and said "Don't worry Bheema, I made extra Ladoos. You can have as many as" you want." With excitement, he said, "Then I want a hundred ladoos ma. Will you make them for me?" Madri's smile vanished. Bheema asked why was she looking sad. With a sad smile she said, "Bheema, you all are heir to the Kuru Clan. You all must be raised in a palace. Not in a hut, dear. I am just sad if I haven't asked Arya the deer. We will be living in the Palace and you all would have the best foods." Bheema hugged her and said, "But Ma I love your cooking. Yours is the best." Madri looked at him and said, " Okay now, go and bring everyone for lunch. I'll bring Arya."

Madri looked for Pandu and found him in the flowers field. She went near him and called him, "Arya, It's time for lunch." When she went near him, he got her hands and pulled her towards him. Madri was startled. He smiled at her and stroked her cheek lovingly. Madri started to blush and asked him to stop. But he didn't. 

When the kids reached the hut, Kunthi was preparing their plates. Sahadeva felt uneasiness in his heart, he went to Kunthi and said, "Ma, I am feeling something. It's like something bad is going to happen to father." Kunthi and the kids started to look for Madri and Pandu. After some time Arjuna came running to Kunthi and said, "Ma, I heard Madri ma crying in the flower fields." 

When they all arrived, they saw Pandu's lifeless body.

Madri was crying hard and said, "Sister, today I have killed Arya. Even though he had a curse on him. He tried to make love to me. I tried to resist him, but.." She cried so hard. Kunthi fell to the ground and looked at her husband's body. Kids started to cry for their father.

When Sathyavathi reached Pandu's hut. She saw his lifeless body. She fainted. 

Vidura sent  Hastinapur the message. No one can accept his fate. Dhritarashtra was heartbroken to lose his brother. Ambalika couldn't bear the loss of her son. 

At Pandu's hut, his body was being prepared for final rites. Madri and Kunthi were inside the hut in a widowed state. Madri looked at Kunthi, who was sitting like a lifeless body. She went to her and clasped her hand "Sister, I am sorry. I am the one who made your life miserable. I am the reason for Arya's curse and also his death. I am sorry. I cannot live in this world with these sins. I know you love Nakul and Sahadeva as your children. After all, I got them from your mantra. Please take care of yourself and our kids, sister." saying this Madri fell to the ground and died. Kunthi cried for her sister. 

Pandu and Madri's bodies were set on fire on the pyre. Vidura was crying for his brother, his memories with his brother were coming back to him like waves. When he look at Pandavas, he noticed Yudhistra and Sahadeva were not crying. He went to Yudhistra and asked him, why was he not crying for his father. Yudhishtra replied, "Uncle, if I cried my younger brothers will lose their hope. I cried loud inside the hut. But I will not cry in front of them. Because after this I am their hope." hearing him Vidura's heart was filled with peace. Vidura then went to Sahadeva and asked him the same question, he said, "Uncle, If I cry my eldest brother Yudhistra will feel that we have no faith in him. From now on he will be our father. I will be strong for him." 

Looking at their bond Sathyavathi was at peace. 

After Pandu and Madri's funeral, Kunthi and Pandavas reached Hasthinapur. Everybody came and said their condolences to them. They had a warm welcome at Hastinapur. However, they didn't get a warm welcome from Kauravas. 

After losing his son Ambalika has no wish to have a royal life. She stayed with her grandchildren for a few days and decided to retire to the forest. Ambika, who was never been apart from her sister also decided to accompany her. And Sathyavathi. 

Soon three of them retired to the forest for penance. 

Kauravas and Pandavas started to train under Pitamaha Bhishma and Kripacharya. 

As they grew older, Kauravas started to dislike Pandavas each other. Because Duryodhana saw them as his rival. He thought, that Yudhistra being the eldest heir to the Kuru Clan will be given the throne. And also Pandu is the one who was coronated as Maharaj, Dhritarashtra was just like an Interim King. Bheema and Duryodhana was the biggest rival.