THE GAME OF DICE

It was dinner at Indraprastha, everyone was having their dinner, while Krishna cutting fruits for Abhimanyu.

"Madhava, I heard you are leaving for Dwaraka tomorrow,"

"Yes, Panchali there is a battle coming up I need to leave at dawn,"

"We will miss you, uncle," Abimanyu pouted. Krishna patted his head, "I will back Abhi, till then take care of your mothers for me, okay?"

"So you will only miss your dear Abhi, right uncle? Not us?" Suthanu pouted. 

"Of course not, my dear. How can I not miss my future daughter-in-law?"

Suthanu blushed at his statement. Yes, Suthanu was engaged to Bhanu, son of Krishna and Sathyabhama. She had a huge crush on him since her childhood and recently both the family decides to get married once they attain the right age. 

"Okay,"

After dinner time, Subhadra took the children to their respective chambers while Draupadi instructed the maids on their duties. When she prepared to  leave she noticed a teardrop of blood on the ground where Krishna sat earlier, she catch up to him, "Govinda, show me your hand"

She saw a deep cut on his finger which was bleeding till now, "Oh my god, Govinda look at you, how careless you are" Without any thinking, Draupadi tore a piece of her pallu and tied it around his finger.  "Come let me put some medicine on your wound, Varshitha call Subhadra." 

Krishna smiled at her, "Draupadi it's just a scratch, it is not a big deal."

"Scratch? look at it, you have a deep cut. If we do not treat it properly it may even get infected." Draupadi took the medicine Subhadra bought and treated his wound.

Krishna looked at her with a faint smile.

A few days later...

"Your Highness, Minister Vidura has come to the court," the royal guard informed the Pandavas. "We will be there in a moment," Yudhisthira looked at his brothers and soon they retired to court.

"Uncle Vidura, it is always a pleasure to meet you. How is everyone there? Is Maharaj and Maharani good?" Yudhishthira asked him.

"Everyone is good and well. Yudhishthira now I came here as a representative of the Hasthinapur royal court. I am here on the order of King."

Vidura took a deep breath and read the words on the silk invitations, to which the court listened carefully. It was an invitation to Indraprastha to participate in a game of dice and feast. 

Vidura's heart was thumping loudly in his chest, he knew in his heart very well that this is just a scam. Duryodhana was humiliated in this very court just a few months ago now he wants a gathering, that's not like him. 

He was silently praying to the gods for Yudhishthira to reject this invitation, but he knew it in his bones. Yudhishthira never rejects Dhritarashtra.

Yudhishthira smiled at him faintly and said, "It is a pleasure to visit Hastinapur, we will all come uncle." Vidura's face fell, all he could do is pray.

At night after having dinner everyone retired to their respective chambers,  Yudhishthira visited Vidura in his chambers. He was standing on the balcony looking out to the city of Indraprastha, Yudhishthira went near him, "Uncle I know you are upset with me for accepting the invitation,"

Vidura sighed, "Yudhishthira, you know this is not going to end well. I am scared son." he placed a hand on Yudhishthira's shoulder. "Please, review your decision." he pleaded. Yudhishthira sighed. "You know I cannot decline Maharaja's invitation uncle,"