KRISHNA MARRIES RUKMINI

Days after Ashwatthama's coronation...

"Father..." 

"Shut up. You. I should have never put my trust in you. I thought my daughter will be the demises of Bheeshma. I WAS WRONG."

When Shikandini was a child, the Royal family of Panchala believed that she is the reincarnation of Princess Amba. She will be the reason for Bheeshma's death. 

Drupada's heart was on fire. He couldn't tolerate the insult that Drona gave him. He wanted revenge.

"I thought my daughter is enough for me. But no, I need a son to avenge me."

Hearing her father's words Shikandini broke down. She was one of the finest warrior princesses in the entire Bharatavarsha. 

In Hasthinapur...

"Brother Bheema, what are you doing? Tomorrow is coronation day. The day our brother Yudhishthira going to be the Crown Prince of Hasthinapur."

"Oh Shut up Shahadeva, I know that. I am just thinking of the menu tomorrow." Arjuna and Nakula started laughing. "Oh brother, you always think about food." Nakula teased him. Arjuna noticed Yudhishthira sitting silently. "Brother" Arjuna gently placed a hand on his shoulder. Yudhishthira looked at him and gave him a slight smile. "What happened, brother? " Arjuna asked.

"Nothing, Arjuna. I was just thinking about Duryodhana. It seems odd for him to accept me as Crown Prince."

"Brother, that throne is your Birthright. Uncle is just an interim King. Our father is the one who got coronated and you are the firstborn child. And in addition to that, we won the battle against Panchala. So it is obvious that he has to accept you as the Crown Prince." Nakula said as he was looking at his reflection in the mirror.

"We all know that uncle wanted Duryodhana to ascend the throne after him. I don't think Duryodhana will give up the throne that easily. He will do anything. We should be prepared." Arjuna said.

The next day, Coronation was done lavishly. All the neighboring kingdoms came. The people of Hasthinapur were happy to have Yudhishthira as their next King. However, Duryodhana was not happy. But his hands were tied by Shakuni. "Patience, Duryodhana. All good things happen to the one who waits." 

Days went...

Though Maharaj Dhritarashtra did the right thing by Crowning Yudhishthira, he wanted Duryodhana to ascend the throne. Duryodhana attended the court, as usual, he did not give any trouble to Pandavas. It was really surprising for Pandavas. Not only them for also the Kuru elders. 

"Arjuna, you got a letter from Dwaraka." hearing the word 'Dwaraka' Arjuna hurriedly got the letter out of Bheema's hands. "Don't expect much, it is not from Subhadra," Bheema said laughingly. With a sigh, he read the letter. "What is it Arjuna?" Yudhishthira asked.

"Brother, it's from Madhava. He needs my company for something important but he didn't mention it." Arjuna replied.

"You can go Arjuna."

"But brother it's only been a month since you have crowned, I don't think it is a good idea to leave now."

"It's fine Arjuna. We are here, nothing is going to happen" Bheema assured him, after a lot of thinking Arjuna decided to go.

After two weeks of travel, he reached the outskirts of Vidharbha Kingdom. Upon reaching they saw a tent. "Is there anyone here?" Arjuna asked. A man came out, he was wearing cowherds clothes. The man looked at Arjuna smilingly. "I'm looking for someone..."

"You found him, Partha," he said laughingly.

Arjuna couldn't believe himself, "Madhava, what is this disguise? I could hardly recognize you."

Krishna laughed and said, "Partha no one in this world has recognized me. Not even you." 

Arjuna got confused, "Meaning?" 

"I'll tell you later. We have work to be done. Now come on." he led Arjuna inside the tent.

Krishna gave Arjuna a letter. It was a letter from the Princess Rukmini of Vidharbha kingdom.

Princess Rukmini hearing the good deeds of Krishna fell in love with him. She wanted to marry him. When her father King Bhishmaka prepares her to be wed off. She expressed her love for Krishna. Though her father had no issues, her brother Rukmi dispised Krishna. He wanted Rukmini to marry Shishupala, the crown prince of the Chedi Kingdom. And Krishna's cousin. He prepared for her wedding. Fear of getting married to Shishupala, Rukmini wrote a letter to Krishna expressing her love and asking him to take her away. 

"Madhava, you wanted me here so that you can kidnap Rukmini from her wedding. But isn't this Adharma? She is already engaged to someone else." Arjuna looked at Krishna after reading her letter to him.

"Partha, her heart belongs to me. She mentioned that she had already chosen me as her husband. It is Rukmi who is wrong. A girl should not be married to someone she doesn't love." Thinking of what Krishna said Arjuna nodded and smiled. Krishna handed him some clothes and jewels. They have to enter the Kingdom in disguise as Rukmi has the palace fully guarded. Looking at the clothes Arjuna's frowned. "Madhava, this is women's clothes. Why should I wear this?"

"Oh, Partha thinks of it as practice as it may help you in the future, by the way, I also selected a name for you," Krishna said laughingly. Arjuna got confused, "And may I know what it is?" 

"BRIHANNALA" This man here is truly something. With a sigh, Arjuna changed his clothes.

Krishna and Arjuna both entered the palace. With his disguise as a woman, Arjuna got to Rukmini's chamber as a handmaiden. He helped her escape from there and brought her to Parvathi Devi temple. From there Krishna eloped with her in his chariot. Soon they were chased by Rukmi's army. Arjuna was facing them all alone until Balaram showed up. It was his first meeting with him. Together they both faced the army. However, Krishna faced Rukmi. But in the end, his army was defeated and Rukmi was also defeated by Krishna. But Rukmi's words angered Krishna. When he was about to kill him. Rukmini begged him, "Arya, I beg you please spare my brother's life. Please at least for me spare him." 

As she started to cry in his arm, Krishna spared his life but shaved his head to remind him of his defeat. Rukmi returned home ashamed. 

When Krishna, Rukmini, Arjuna, and Balaram reached Dwaraka the preparation for their marriage started. Krishna married Rukmini and Arjuna stayed in Dwaraka for a few days. He fell in love with the city and he loved to walk on those seashores. Sometimes he saw Subhadra walking along the shores. As Krishna loves to tease him for that, Arjuna saw her as a sweet and naughty little sister of Krishna. She was too young for him he thought. 

Arjuna was practicing Archery when Subhadra came. She handed him a letter saying it came from Hasthinapur. 

It was a letter from Yudhishthira. He instructed Arjuna to come to Varnavrat.