MARITAL VOWS

The Wedding Mandap was decorated lavishly. On the stage, it is not just Arjun and Draupadi standing as a couple but the whole Pandavas and Draupadi. 

A few hours earlier.

Kunthi was startled by her actions, Arjuna's words were not clear. Arjuna said he got something, so she thought he got alms or something. She even scolded Arjuna for his figure of speech. But what is done is done.

Draupadi was shattered, when she was brought to the hut, she knew his true identity. She was on cloud nine thinking that she was going to be the wife of Arjuna, the world's best archer. The moment she laid her eyes on him. She got a feeling that he is not just a brahmin. 

Kunthi wiped Draupadi's tears who was crying. She asked the Pandavas to ignore her orders. She told Arjuna to take Draupadi to Kampilya and get married and to forget her previous order as a bad dream.

Yudhishthira came forward, he refused to meet the teary eyes of Draupadi, "Mother, you can accompany Arjuna and witness his marriage. This is not something we all can forget."

"Let Arjuna marry Draupadi, but the others, we'll go Asceticism."

Arjuna, Kunthi, and Draupadi were shocked. "Yudhishthira, no what I said was wrong. But you cannot go to Asceticism. No." Kunthi started to sob heavily. Her one mistake is now costing her children's life. 

Arjuna could not accept it. He did not get permission from his mother or brother. Whatever his mother's mistake he has a part in it too. 

"Princess Draupadi, I apologize for everything. But I cannot do this. If I marry you, my brothers have to go Asceticism, I cannot live in a palace and peace knowing it. I apologize for my mistake let me take you back to Kampilya." Arjuna said with folded hands and his head bowed.

"Then what's my mistake Pandava kumara? I accepted you as you are. I didn't know you are Arjuna. You won my hand in my swayamvaar in front of all the people, kings, and Princes. You are thinking about your brother's life, didn't think about mine." Draupadi's voice crackled at the end. She chuckled at her fate. 

There was silence for a few minutes. Later few chariots arrived, there was Krishna, Drupad, Dhrishtadyumna, and Shikandini. Draupadi ran to Shikandini and cried on her shoulders. Drupad and Dhrishtadyumna were confused and asked them what happened. When Arjuna explained, Drupad exploded. "Who do you think you are? You are the one who won her hand and now you are abandoning her?"

Krishna came forward and placed a hand on Arjuna's shoulder, "Maharaj, don't worry Arjuna won't abandon her. Pandavas never abandon anyone who comes to them. "

'Pandavas' all heads turned to Krishna, Drupad and others were surprised however the anger quickly rose in him, "So Arjuna did you do this to vengeance me."

Arjuna came forward and folded his arms, "Maharaja, no I never intended to hurt Draupadi. And I never intended any of this to happen. Please forgive me."

Draupadi looked up at Krishna and remembered his words, amid the chaos surrounding her Krishna's words sounded in her ears. 

Back in her chambers, Draupadi was getting ready for the Swayamvar, "Govinda tell me something about Arjuna."

"Well I already told you many things about him Sakhi, what else do you want to know about him."

"Anything,"

Krishna sat beside one of the cushions beside her, "Draupadi, Arjuna may be an individual person to you and others. But the Pandavas are one soul and five bodies. No one can separate them. No good can be made out of their separation. They are meant to be together for the greater good."