GURUDHAKSHINA

With his charming smile never leaving his face, Krishna got Kunthi's blessing. Then he hugged her. "Krishna, it's been years since I have seen your beautiful smiling face. I missed you dearly." Kunthi exclaimed. "Me too aunt Kunthi," he said.

He looked at the Pandavas and got Yudhishthira and Bheema's blessings. Krishna was younger than both of them but he is elder than Arjuna. Arjuna, Nakula, Sahadeva and Dushala got their blessings from him. After a long time, they see other. They have a lot to catch up on. 

"We have heard so much about you when we were in Gurukula. You killed Maharaj Kamsa and ends his tyranny. And the city you build Dwaraka is said to be the most beautiful city." Yudhishthira speaks.

"But you know what I found most fascinating, your pranks and mischief. You must teach us, brother Krishna. So we could make our brother Bheema happy."  Nakula said teasingly earning laughter from everyone.

"It's true. Hearing Krishna's mischief and pranks would soothe one's heart." Kunthi said.

"But the main thing is you made many changes in Royal Customs. It is a big thing." Yudhishthira said.

Krishna laughed, "No brother Yudhishthira, the real changes start from Pandavas' marriage."  Pandavas were confused to hear this. "Meaning?" Arjuna asked. "Oh Partha, you will know when the time comes."

Everyone says that it is not easy to understand Krishna's words and actions. And now it proved to be true. As they spend their time together, Arjuna and Krishna got together well. "Partha, you must come to Dwaraka." 

"Sure Madava, after everything I heard about your city. I am excited to see your Seashore city."

"Yes, the view of the city along the sea will be breathtaking," said Krishna.

Soon the celebration ends. Everyone was returning to their chambers. Once again Arjuna searched Subhadra. As they all spend their time together, he did not have a chance to speak to her. 

"Looking for someone?" a voice reached his ears.

He turned around and saw Subhadra looking at him with a smile on her face. Arjuna was at loss once again. "No, I was about to return to my chamber."

"Lying," she said with a mischievous smile. Arjuna learned from Krishna that Subhadra is the heartbeat of her family. She is the most loved one. Unlike Balaram, Krishna and Subhadra always play pranks and mischiefs. Even though Balaram is married to Revati and has children on his own. Subhadra is his first child. He loves her beyond everything. She is the pride of Yadhavas.

"Maybe," he said to her teasing with his charming smile. 

A blush crept down Subhadra's cheek. In the nighttime, surrounded by flames with a blush on her cheek. Her beauty was beyond this world. Arjuna's heart skips a beat. 

"We'll see each other soon," Subhadra said as she left.

Arjuna smiled to himself, 'I hope so, Subhadra'

The next day everyone was gathered in the courtroom, to discuss Gurudhakshina for Dronacharya. Maharaj Dhritarashtra stood and addressed him, "Guru Dronacharya, I am very pleased with your teaching. Our princes have become fine warriors. The credit belongs to you. Now it is time for your Gurudhakshina, ask anything Guru, Gold, Cows, Gems, Land anything, anything like."

Guru Drona looked at his students, he took a deep breath, and addressed the Maharaj, "Maharaj, I wish no gold, no land nor cows. My Gurudhakshina should be given by my students only. I want DRUPADA, the King of Panchala. I want my students to defeat him and capture him. Bring him to me."

The whole court was surprised by his words. "But why Guru deva?" Dushasana speaks.

"Drupada and I, both are trained under my father Baradwaj equally. He was my friend. When we were in Gurukul he said to me, that once he becomes a king he will share half of his kingdom with me. But that is not what I wished. When he become a king, I lived a life of Poverty. I reached out to him as a friend for just a pair of cows but he insulted me and our friendship. He even insulted my skills and teachings. That day I vowed that one day my student will defeat him. Bring down his ego. That is what I ask as Gurudhakshina, your highness." Drona speaks as his eyes were becoming red.

"Very well. If that is what you wish then so be it. Your students will pay your Gurudhakshina as you wish." Maharaj Dhritarashtra said as he dismissed the court.

Pandavas and Kauravas were preparing for their battle. Yudhishthira said that they should battle together. But Duryodhana refuses, "Yudhishthira, Kauravas, and Pandavas will fight separately. We will pay our Gurudhakshina separately." As Pandavas protested, Yudhishthira gave up, "Very well Duryodhana, you can go first. All the best for your victory."

"Brother, why did you give up? You know right if they win there is a high chance for him to become Crown Prince." Nakula said with a disappointed face.

"He won't win don't worry yourself Nakula," Bheema said with a smirk.

As Kauravas made their first move, there was a high chance for their victory, but slowly it changes when the army's commander-in-chief came. She along with her army captured all the Kauravas. Duryodhana was ashamed to be captured by a girl. 

SHIKHANDINI, daughter of Drupada, the warrior princess of  Panchala. She learned warfare and fought in many battles. She is the commander-in-chief of King Drupada's army. From her childhood she had a hatred feeling toward Pitamaha Bhishma. When she was a child she saw Bhishma for the first time at a royal get-together, at the sight of him there was a rage inside her. A fire that could not be put off. A felt of revenge, but he did nothing to her.

"There are only a hundred of them, there should be One hundred and Five. Where are the others." Drupada asked. "Only a hundred of them entered the battlefield today my king," Shikandini said.

"Oh. I thought the students of Guru Drona were brave and strong. But look they are only weak and cowards." Drupada laughed mockingly. He was standing in the center of Chakravyuha.

Chakravyuha is a special formation of soldiers and the knowledge of finding a way in and out is known to only a handful of warriors. None of the Kauravas has the knowledge of Chakravyuha which is why they got captured in the first place. But Arjuna knows.

As they were held prisoners, Pandavas entered the Chakravyuha with the guidance of Arjuna. Soon they reach the center of it. While Arjuna fights Drupada, others released Kauravas and fought the soldiers. Shikandini was defeated by Duryodhana. And Drupada was defeated and captured by Arjuna.

Drupada was taken to Dronacharya. Drupada couldn't meet his eyes. "All I wanted from you was a pair of cows. To help with my poverty. I approached you as a friend but you treated me like a beggar. Today you will fulfill your words by making my son Ashwatthama as King for half of your Kingdom."

Drupada was helpless, he gave Ashwatthama southern part of his kingdom to rule. He made him King of Southern Panchala.