INDEPENDENCE OF INDRAPRASTHA

Indraprastha had a great development in a short period, and now it is the time for Rajasuya yajna of Yudhishthira. This Yajna was a means to the consecration of a King.

Pandavas have expanded their territory by winning over nearby kingdoms but their toughest battle was with the Magadha Kingdom.

Magadha was ruled by King Jarasandha, a powerful warrior. Defeating him was not an easy task. 

A little insight into him would be nice though.

King Jarasandha was born to King Brihadratha and his twin wives. King Brihadratha loved both of his wives equally but they had no children for a long time, when a sage visited his kingdom he gave the King one fruit as a boon. The king divided the fruit equally and gave it to his wives as a result they gave birth to two halves of the lifeless human body. Terrified by it they threw them away. An asuri named Jara found the halves of the human baby. She picked each half in each hand and co-joined it to make a living baby. She then took the baby to King Brihadratha and explained. Seeing his son alive made the King so happy, then he named him Jarasandha on the honor of the Asuri. 

So killing Jarasandha was never an easy task for anyone. As he got boon from the asuri. He was one of the most feared kings. And personally, he hated Krishna very much because King Kamsa who has been killed by Krishna is none other than his son-in-law. He wedded both the daughter to Kamsa, and now his daughters are widowers because of Krishna. 

Jarasandha tried many times to kill Krishna. He attacked Krishna and Balaram in Madura to avenge the death of Kamsa. But got defeated by them every time. He even sent Kalayavan, King of  Yavana, who had the boon of never dying on the battlefield. When Krishna challenged him to duel, he craftily lured him to a cave where King Muchukunda is in eternal sleep. Krishna covered Muchukunda with his silk shawl, and Kalayavan entered the cave after mistook Muchukunda as Krishna kicked him and woke him. Muchukunda opened his eyes after so long years, his eyes erupted a great flame and burnt Kalayavan, without violating the boon. 

So coming back to the point, Bheema had to have a one-on-one with Jarasandha, the battle was so hard and brutal. Bheema had a lot of injuries, yet he didn't give up. With Krishna's savvy convey Bheem understood the way to beat him. Bheem tore and threw Jarasandha's body in different directions.

Now as everything is on course. Indraprastha is getting ready for the Rajasuya Yajna.

The day of the Rajasuya Yajna arrived. Everyone who attended was awestruck by the majestic beauty of the Indraprastha palace. The Royal palace was beautifully crafted with illusions. Subhadra was attending to the guest and helping the maids with the preparation for sacrificial offering.

"Greetings, my dear cousin," Shishupala said with a bit of unlikeness.

Subhadra turned and greeted him back, she knew his intentions very well after all he is her cousin. He will make use of every opportunity to offend Krishna and he knows exactly how Subhadra will be the first one to lose her cool. But today it is different, she is a host and she cannot act in haste. Subhadra has to be patient. 

"Subhadra, where is our lovely Krishna today? I heard he is the special honored guest of the sacrificial offering. Where is the cowherd?" 

Subhadra bit her inner cheeks to prevent herself from spilling words, "He must be with Arya. King Sisupala why don't you take your seat, I am sure brother will be here in a moment." 

"Oh, why so formal Subhadra? Do you forget that I am your cousin?"

"Princess Subhadra is just being a polite host, King Shisupala." Karna appeared beside him and gave Subhadra the most innocent smile. She smiled back at him. "King Shisupala why don't you take your seat the ceremony is about to start."