VIJAYA BOW

Years passed......

Kauravas and Pandavas have grown a lot. They are all now young men. Yudhisthira is looking calmer and more composed than he was in his childhood. His eyes were filled with Dharma. However, Bheema and Duryodhana gained more muscle. Mostly Bheema. Arjuna had sharp eyes like the arrows. He had a handsome face. No woman can resist his charming smile and eyes. Nakula, the most handsome one among both Pandavas and Kauravas, spends most of his time in front of the mirror. Shahadeva is the most silent one but never gives up the chance of teasing his big brother Bheema. During the years their bond only becomes stronger.

On the other side, Duryodhana grew his dislike for Pandavas. Soon they are going to leave Gurukula and one of them is going to be named the Crown Prince of Hasthinapur. He wanted to rule Hasthinapur. He had no intention of accepting Yudhishthira as the Maharaj of Hasthinapur.

During these years, Duryodhana and Bheema become Nemesis. Duryodhana always wanted to dominate him. He always wanted to beat him, but Bheema was one step ahead of him. However, he was afraid of Arjuna's skill in Archery. 

Soon the day comes. Kauravas and Pandavas are returning to Hasthinapur. Pandavas were excited to see their mother. They have not seen Kunthi for many years. Because Pitamaha Bhishma never allowed anyone to visit them. Even Dhritarashtra was not allowed. Kauravas were also excited to see their parents. Duryodhana misses his mother's beautiful smile very much. And he was very eager to see his uncle, Shakuni. 

In Hasthinapur...

The palace was very busy. The maids very buzzing like bees. They were preparing for the grand welcome ceremony for their princes. Kunthi and Gandari are busy selecting the royal silk garments and jewels for their sons. They both were chatting and sharing their expectations of their sons' arrival. Both the mother's hearts are waiting for their son's arrival.  

A Girl who was in her teenage came in. She was gentle as a doe and beautiful as a peacock. Her smile was pure as a child's. Her name is Dushala. The one and only princess of Hasthinapur. She came running and hugged Gandhari and Kunthi. "I bet on all my jewels. You both were never excited as this much for my arrival." she pouted her cute face. Both Kunthi and Gandhari share a laugh. "Of course, we were excited Dushala. You are the only princess of Hasthinapur. you are the joy and pride of our Kuru Clan, my dear." said Kunthi by caressing her hair. "I know about you, ma. But what about my mom." "Dushala, even after getting 100 sons as a boon. My heart wishes to have one daughter. You are precious to me." she hugged her daughter and they all started selecting the garments and jewels. 

Dhushala loves Kunthi as her own mother. She never saw Kauravas and Pandavas separately. For her, she is the younger sister of 106 brothers, including Yuyutsu. Just because he was born for a Maid, that does not make any difference to her. She loved Yuyutsu as her own brother. 

Karna, under the guidance of Parasurama, becomes one of his best students. His eyes are just like the sun. When he is happy, his eyes are warm. When he is angry it is bright, that one gets fear of getting burnt. He had always had the glow of the Sun. He was the finest archer. Parasurama was proud of him. There was an unknown feeling in his heart that made him care for Karna more than he did for others. 

One day after a heavy practice Karna came to Parasurama. He noticed him sleeping by supporting his head on a rock. Karna went near him and slowly lifted his head and put it on his lap. He used his cloth to fan him. After some time he noticed something under his lap. It was an insect. It started to bite him. However, Karna does not move. He thought it would affect his Guru's peaceful sleep. He was enduring the pain. Blood was oozing out of his leg and flowing towards Parasurama. He felt it. He woke up and looked at Karna. Still, he was not moving. It made Parasurama suspicious. "Karna, what are you doing? How can you endure such pain? A Brahmin cannot do that. You are not a Brahmin, are you?

Karna was stunned. He folded his hands and bowed his head and said, "Gurudeva I am not a Brahmin. I am a Suta Putra."

His revelation was a shock to him. Anger raised inside him. "You made a huge mistake Karna. You lied to me. Remember one thing, the knowledge you gained by lying will not be useful at the time of need." saying, he left. 

Karna felt ashamed for lying to his Guru. He cannot face him anymore. He started to pack his things and decided to leave. 

He went to Parasurama. He folded his arms and hung his head feeling guilty. "Gurudeva, I know what I have done. And also I accept your curse wholeheartedly. I just wanted to prove to the world that greatness never comes from birth. I wanted to prove myself. I am ashamed of the lie I told. Please forgive me, Gurudeva. I am leaving. "

When he never got a reply from Parasurama, Karna turned to leave. 

"Karna" Parasurama called him. Parashurama went to him, " What you done is unforgivable. But there was something about you that made me teach you. I care for you like my own son. Even though you are a sutaputra, there is something divine in you Karna. I can feel it."

Karna cannot look at his face. He never lifted his face. "Here take this." Parasurama handed him a bow. Karna was surprised to see the bow. 

It was Vijaya bow. It was created by Vishvakarma, the royal architect of God and devas. The divine weapon was originally designated for Indira deva. But it was given to Parasurama by God Shiva to aid him in his battle against evil Kshatriyas. The bow said to give victory to its possessor. Not any weapon can harm its possessor or break the bow. It was made out of gold with heavenly designs.

"But Gurudeva, it is yours." Karna declined. "Not anymore Karna. You are one of the finest archers in the world. You deserve this." He handed him the bow. The bow is heavy but Karna holds it with ease. At that moment Parasurama knows Karna is not a low-born.

Karna accepted the bow and left for his home.

Kauravas, Pandavas, and Karna are all heading towards their home, Hasthinapur.