THE CONTEST

Soon the birth of the twins and the beauty of Draupadi traveled all over the Bharathvarsha. When Drona heard about the birth of Dhrishtadyumna, he was not mad. But he was happy. He took Dhrishtadyumna as his student and taught him advanced military arts, he mends him a powerful warrior, and he also gave him knowledge about celestial weapons too. Dhrishtadyumna became a Maharathi under his guidance. 

Draupadi's birth has changed Drupada's behavior. He was really happy with her as his daughter. Shikandini and Draupadi shared an unbreakable bond as sisters. As she was born as a maiden, Draupadi had no childhood so Shikandini helped her with a little bit of support from the kids of their palace's maids. She enjoyed her life. 

After a few days...

"Vasudeva Krishna, it's such a pleasure to see you."  King Drupada welcomed Krishna. "The pleasure's all mine Maharaj Drupada. Your twins going to change the world we live in. Especially your daughter." 

King Drupada took him to meet the twins. The twins greeted him. Draupadi and Krishna bonded very well and quickly.

"Ah I see now my sister enjoys your company more than mine Vasudeva." Shikandini pouted. Everyone laughed. 

"Maharaj I heard that you are planning Draupadi's wedding," Krishna asked him.

"Yes, Vasudeva. Draupadi was born as a maiden so it is a suitable time for her marriage. But.." Maharaj Drupada trailed off.

"What is it, Maharaj?" 

"To be honest if Pandava Prince Arjuna was alive I would have married my daughter to him."

"Who is Arjuna, father?" Draupadi asked with a questioning face. 

Krishna smiled playfully, "He is a Kuru Prince, Draupadi. He is the best archer in this world and he is my cousin too. Very handsome man. Many maidens out there pray a husband like him and mother's a son like him." A smile crept on Draupadi's lips as she whispered his name, "Arjuna"

Drupada sighed, "Yes Draupadi, Arjuna is one the best warriors and the best archer the world has ever seen. But he is dead."

"We don't know for sure, Maharaj. There was news about them here and there, they may be alive. You may have an archery contest. I am sure if Arjuna's alive he cannot resist it." Krishna said with a playful smile. 

Maharaj Drupada decided to host an archery contest. The news of the Contest and Swayamvar spread throughout the nation. Princes and Kings from the entire Barathvarsha were invited. 

Meanwhile, Pandavas met a group of Brahmins who were on their way to see the Swayamvar of the beautiful Princess of Panchala. On their invitations, Pandavas and Kunthi decided to go to Panchala but they had no intention of seeing or attending the swayamvar. Because they knew that all of the Princes and kings will attend meaning Kauravas will be there. When Pandavas reached Panchala, they stayed in a potter's home which was located outskirts of the city. They refused to stay free, so they helped the potter by collecting mud and such. 

On the day of Swayamvar Duryodhana, Dushasana along with their uncle Shakuni presented. Anga raj Karna, Crown Prince of Vidharbha Kingdom Rukmi, Crown Prince of Chedi Shishupala, and many others were also there. 

The potter who gave shelter to Pandavas was supposed to deliver the pots to the Swayamvar venue but he was injured. He requested Arjuna and Bheema to deliver the pots. Both of them hesitated but Kunthi insisted them to help since he gave them shelter and food. With much hesitation, they both took pots on the cart and went to the venue. 

By the time they reached the venue was ready the group of Brahmins who traveled with Pandavas asked them to stay with them and witness the swayamvar. They were trapped. Arjuna and Bheema stayed with the Brahmins, the swayamvar took place in the Arena. 

"I welcome all the Princes and Kings. Today we have gathered here for my daughter Draupadi's swayamvar. The winner of this Archery competition will win my daughter's hand in marriage. I hope all the Princes and Kings are aware of this competition. The one who lifts this bow has to hit the eye of the fish in the sky with its reflection from the oil bowl. If there is no objection from you all, let us start the contest."

The word Archery got Arjuna's attention. "Oh Arjuna, you are in trouble." Bheema teased him. Meanwhile, there were drums playing at the entrance announcing princess Draupadi's entry. All eyes went towards the entrance. But Arjuna's eyes remained on the bow which was placed at the center of the Arena. When he turned and look at her, he was dumbfounded. Her beauty had no bounds. All the princes and Kings gathered there were mesmerized. 

"Brother, it is true she is the epitome of beauty," Dushasana exclaimed. Duryodhana agreed and set his eyes on Draupadi. Of course, he cannot win the archery competition but Karna can. Thinking of it he smiled. 

Soon the Contest began, one by one Princes and Kings tried but none of them could even lift the bow. 

"I know there will be none to win this contest other than Arjuna." Maharaj Drupada said. "Maharaj I think you forget about one." Krishna turned his head towards Karna, and Drupada realized that Karna is also equally talented as Arjuna. "But he is a sutaputra, how can he participate in this."

When it is Karna's turn, he lifted the bow. When he was setting aim Drupada speaks. "Angaraj Karna, stop it." Everyone looked in Drupada's direction. "I know you are capable of winning this tournament. But I do not intend to wed off my daughter to a sutaputra."

Karna's blood boiled, but he did not speak. He simply lowered the bow and returned to his seat. Duryodhana was also furious when he tried to stand up to defend his friend, Shakuni held him back, "Not the right time dear." Duryodhana sat back with clenched hands.

After all the Princes and Kings failed the invitation was extended to the Brahminas who were presented. It tempted Arjuna very much. When he looked at Krishna who was sitting beside Drupada he found Krishna was already looking at Arjuna with a smile. Instantly Arjuna looked away, he knew that Krishna recognized him and he's doing all this to bring Arjuna to win this contest. 

"It is very pity that there is no one in here who could win this contest." Drupada's words bruised Arjuna's ego. 

He couldn't contain himself, Bheema who was sitting beside Arjuna was also expecting the moment. Arjuna stood up, "I would like to participate in this contest."

Everyone in the arena was shocked. There was a wave of murmur in the crowd. The princes and Kings were also surprised. 

Arjuna directly looked into Krishna's eyes. And Krishna smiled at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Readers...!!!

Kindly Vote and comment. 

Do you guys know any interesting facts about Mahabharath, if yes, you can share here with us :)