HIDIMBA'S DEATH

Hi readers...!!!

                 So sorry for not updating, last month was really a hectic one. So from now on, I will try to update chapters as soon as possible. 

               Enjoy the upcoming chapters : )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunthi and Pandavas were constantly traveling. They couldn't settle in one place because Hasthinapur Royal guards were searching for them everywhere. They changed their name and attire everything. They dressed as brahmins and lived like that. 

One day they were traveling through the woods, it was a hot day. "Yudhishthira let us take some break son. I can't walk anymore."

"Okay, mother. Let us camp here for a while." Yudhishthira and others started to prepare a camp. Suddenly they heard a horse neighing. Pandavas got alert.

"Mother we need to go now." Kunthi stood up "But Arjuna there is no place to hide. What do we do?"

"Brother look there, that side of the forest is dense we can go there and hide for some time." Sahadeva pointed out. The Pandavas and Kunthi hurriedly got over there. The forest was too dense even for the sunlight it was hard to enter. 

"Oh, it is cool in here," Bheema said and sat on the ground of the dense forest.

"Let us rest here for a while" Yudhishthira helped Kunthi to settle. Kunthi took a nap. Yudhishthira and Nakula stayed awake while others took a nap but due to the tiredness, they also fell asleep.

"Well looks like we got a heavy meal," Hidimba said. Hidimba was a powerful Rakshasa (demon) who is the king of the dense jungle they are staying in. Hidimbi was his sister. They both were sitting on a branch far away from Pandavas. 

"Hidimbi, bring them to me for a feast," he ordered her sister. 

Hidimbi happily accepted it. She got down from the tree and took the form of a beautiful lady. She started shouting and running in the direction of Pandavas.

Hearing the scream Pandavas woke up instantly. They stoop protectively infront of their mother. Suddenly a girl came into the view before she could stop herself her foot tripped on grass and fell but before hitting the ground Bheema caught her. She looked at the man who caught her.

For the first time in her life, she found herself mesmerized by the man before her. He was tall and muscular. His smile was beautiful too. There was genuine concern in his eyes. "Are you okay?" Bheema asked her helping her to stand.

"Yes, thank you," she said hesitantly. She is going to make them their dinner so she can't develop feelings for him.

"Maiden, who are you? What are you doing in this forest alone?" Yudhishthira asked.

Hidimbi started to speak sobbingly, "My family and I were traveling along the forest. We decide to take a break for a little while. This forest was cool on this hot day. But when I woke up my family was missing. I don't know what to do?"

Kunthi came forward and wiped her tears and patted her back lovingly, "Dear, don't worry. My sons will help you find your family."  Pandavas nodded and started their travel. Bheema started to like her.

"Brother what is the matter? Do you like her?" Nakula asked him teasingly.

"Shut up Nakula. She is kind of cute." Bheema said with a smile.

Hidimbi is rakshasi, so she can hear what they were talking about. While hearing Bheema's words she blushed a little. She doesn't want Bheema to be their food. She decided to help them out of this jungle. 

"This way." she started directing them out of the jungle.

"How do you know that this is the right way," Nakula asked suspiciously. Hidimbi got tensed for a moment. "I...I have a good memory. I was wandering here for some time. That is how I know." she smiled faintly.

Hidimba who was watching her got confused for a sometimes. 'looks like our princess is leading them out of our forest.' He got angry, 'How dare she'

When Hidimbi saw the clear lands ahead of her she let a satisfactory sigh, "Now get out of this forest" she told them. The Pandavas got confused, "What are you talking about? We have to find your parents, right?" Bheema asked with concern.

"I am sorry. I can't tell you anything but right now you have to leave this place. Do not ever come back. Go" Hidimbi begged them. Pandavas were beyond confused. "But why?" Bheema asked her. 

"Because she is in love with you."

Hidimbi got tensed when she heard the voice. She turned around and saw her brother fuming with anger. 'No' she shook her head.

"Please let them leave. Just this once." she folded her hands together and begged her brother.

Pandavas instantly knew who he was because he was in his original form. Hidimba held her by the hair and shouted at her, "How dare you? You ignored my orders and most importantly you betrayed me. YOU ARE A TRAITOR." 

Although Hidimbi a rakshasi is not a match for her brother. She winced in pain. "Orders?" Nakula asked in confusion. "Oh, you little humans. This woman is my sister and she is supposed to bring you all to me for dinner." Hidimba said licking his lips.

"And you, I alone will feast on you." Hidimba pointed at Bheema.

"No. Please." Hidimbi was struggling with his hands. She was sobbing heavily. Bheema looked at her and him. He was sad, for the first time in his life he genuinely liked a girl only to find out that she is actually a rakshasi. 

"I will deal with you later. But right now." Hidimba threw her to the ground and walked toward the Pandavas. 

"Step back," Bheema said to his brothers. "But.." Sahadeva said.

"I said step back. Let me handle him. It was a long time since I had a good fight." Bheema said smirkingly.

Hidimba and Bheema entered a duel. Others stood aside and watched their fight. The fight was very intense. Bheema and Hidimba were fighting equally. 

Arjuna looked out of the forest. The sun is about to set. When the night falls Rakshasa's power will get increased. Arjuna shouted, "Brother, the sun is about to set. If the night falls you cannot win him. He will be more powerful. Finish him off soon."

Without any timely delay, Bheema killed Hidimba. He was covered with blood and wounds. Hidimbi who stood silently the entire time came towards her brother's lifeless body. She cried her heart out.

Even though she was rakshasi, she tried to help them to escape. Soon their clan found their way there. They looked at their king's lifeless body and Bheema. When Bheema said that he was over with him and they tried to move, the rakshasa clan surrounds them.

"What you all want to fight me? No worries I still have energy." Bheema said angrily.

A rakshasa came forward with folded he said, "Bhramina, you slayed our king. Without our king how will we survive? It is the tradition of the Rakshasa clan to name the winner of the duel as our king. You slayed our king. You are our new King, you must stay with us."

Bheema and others were surprised by their words.

"No, we can't stay here. And my son cannot be your king. He is a human and you all are Rakshasa. There is no way." Kunthi said.

"There is a way" all turned to see Hidimbi standing. "Devi, I am asking your son's hand in marriage. Let him marry me and give me a son. I will make my son the king of our clan."