THE HUMILIATION

Everyone around him was in pure shock. 

"Vasudeva Krishna, what have you done? What you did is great adharma. You killed a guest?"  Shakuni sneered. 

"Uncle Shakuni, I punished King Shisupala. I gave word to his mother that I only tolerate 100 of his injustice act, today he crossed his limit and it was time."

"Is it a reason? Who are you to punish Krishna? Are you a god?" Dushasana said angrily. "Is this how you treat the guest who comes to your home on your invitation?"

"Dushasana, this is the result of all his past sins."

"But that does not mean what you did now is right Vasudeva." Karna stood beside Dushasana. "He may have committed sins, and he may have to be punished but as Pitama Bhishma mentioned earlier this is a royal court. You cannot kill a guest."

Duryodhana who was so furious stood up, "Krishna, you killed my friend. I will not let this one pass easily. Let's have a one-on-one fight, Krishna. I challenge you to a duel."

Bheema came up with his nose flaring, "Duryodhana, Krishna is our esteemed guest I won't tolerate this. Let you and me have a duel. "

In the next second Arjuna stood beside Bheema and Karna stood beside Duryodhana, the tension in the air was so thick. 

"Stop this, there will be no duel. We have to do proper rituals for Sisupala and take his body to the Chedi Kingdom" Yudhishthira spoke while looking at Krishna who nodded. He instructed Nakul and Sahadeva.

"No one should touch him" Duryodhana spoke in a thunderous voice. "None of you have the dignity," 

"Dushasana send a message to the Chedi Kingdom and help them arrange his funeral,"

Giving a deathly glare to the Pandavas and Krishna, Duryodhana attempted to leave the Rajasuya yajna hall, as the palace was constructed with illusions, he did not see the pond in front of him perhaps the anger blinded him for a moment.

He stepped on the pond and fell into the water, Karna and Dushasana who were following behind hurried to help him. When Duryodhana emerged, there was a startling ring of laughter, which belonged to Bheema soon others joined him. 

"I never knew Duryodhana was blind," Bheema said and laughed out loud.

Duryodhana was embarrassed, he could not even lift his head and accept the sarcastic whispering comments of people around him, when he compose himself and look up, his eyes met with Draupadi's smiling lips. 

They were not rude, they were not sarcastic, they were not happy, and Duryodhana could not decipher the simple act. But it burned deep inside his heart.

He left the royal court. 

"Bheema, it was not wise of you to humiliate him" Yudhishthira scolded him

When he looked at Krishna who was already looking at him, he knew one thing the damage was done and soon there will be a consequence. 

In Hasthinapur.

Duryodhana was breaking things, and tearing the royal silks, he was utterly humiliated in front of the Pandavas, and his mind replayed the entire scene again and again.

When Dhritarashtra entered his chamber, he could feel the destruction his son caused.

"My son," he went near him.

"No Father, I am not fit to be called your son."

"Duryodhana, it's been a month already. Forget about it,"

"Forget, Forget, you are telling me to forget how much I was humiliated. It burns my soul and mind day and night. But, they are living a happy and wealthy life. AND YOU ARE TELLING ME TO FORGET ABOUT IT" Duryodhana pours out his frustration to his dear friend Karna.

Karna stood there silently unable to speak further he knows how much of a Pride man, Duryodhana was and how the incident affected him.

"I will not let them live happily, they have to suffer just like me, no more than me. I want them to be humiliated especially Panchali. She has to pay for humiliating me. Didn't she laugh in front of everyone, did you look at her Karna, she was laughing at me with her head held high and looking down at me."

Karna believed Duryodhana, Draupadi is not a soft and tender woman, she is a fierce and bold one, and there is a high chance for her to laugh at him. She was never afraid to voice out her thoughts. Karna detested Draupadi for humiliating Duryodhana. 

"Uncle do something, I couldn't look at my brother's state, sister Banumathi was so worried too" Dushasana whimpered to Shakuni.

Shakuni slowly walked to their nephew, "Duryodhana, let's invite Pandavas and Draupadi here to a little gathering. What do you say?"

Duryodhana got angered even more, "Uncle are you joking right now? If you don't want to help me then leave. Everyone just leave me alone."

Shakuni sighed, "I thought of helping you and here you are chasing me away." he kept his one hand under his chin and pretended to pout.

After a minute Duryodhana looked at him, "You already devised a plan, aren't you?"

Shakuni gave him a sly smile, "Of course my dear. A body may be strong but the mind is the one which controls it."

"Means?"

"We need to separate Krishna and Pandavas,"

"What good it makes, even without Krishna Bheema and Arjuna can fight," Karna said.

"Oh, Angaraj, who speaks about fighting?"

"Uncle Shakuni please speak clearly," Dushasana asked him politely. 

"Mm, I received news, the Kingdom of Shalwa is waging a war against Dwaraka and mainly Krishna for killing his most cherished friend, Sisupala." Duryodhana, Karna, and Dushasana listened to him very attentively, "So?"

"So, this will be a perfect time to invite Pandavas for a feast and a little game of dice."

"Do you think Yudhishthira will accept the invite?"

"Duryodhana, Yudhishthira is your brother how come you don't know about him?"  Sakuni asked with fake astonishment, to which he receive rolling eyes.

"No matter what, Yudhishthira cannot say 'NO' to,  your father Maharaj Dhritarashtra ."

"This game is going to be interesting," Shakuni said with a wicked smile.